Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Info on the latest Indians  (Read 26853 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Info on the latest Indians
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »

Tire pressure monitors.  Sweet!

That's what I was thinking also!!!  Would even like to give one a test ride except the closest dealer is 40 miles and 2 bridges (approx. $25+ in tolls) away from me in New Jersey! It doesn't sound far but it is over an hour away with traffic and on those roads you can guarantee traffic. Not bad for a one time trip, but if you buy one it would be nice to at least have the dealer in the same state!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 04:54:13 PM »

Imho, that fairing is butt ugly. The 1+4 warranty is a step int he right direction, but it really should be 2 years bumper to bumper, then the contract.  They are definitely going to have to work on the dealer network, or at least suppliment that during the roll out. The closest dealers to NW Chicago is Merriville, IN and Madison, WI - 90 miles?  WTF - Nobody in Chicago?  Even if they allow the Victory dealers to handle warranty, their coverage has to improve to make a real threat.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 06:47:56 PM »

I think Ken got the info here. It seems to me the Chief Classic is a bit more than 18K ?????  :nixweiss:

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-au/motorcycles

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »

As to warranty I see this for the Classic.

"EVERY NEW MODEL INDIAN MOTORCYCLE COMES WITH A STANDARD 2 YEAR UNLIMITED KILOMETER WARRANTY PLUS THE ADDED ASSURANCE OF PREMIUM INDIAN MOTORCYCLE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE FOR THE TERM OF THE WARRANTY."

I don't see any mention of an included ESP
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

HJP

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »

Rode the non fairing model this morning as I wanted to compare it to my 2013 SERK.  It had the leather bags and windshield.  I do not care for the look of the fairing model. The hard bags on the Indian remind me of the cheap foreign ones that sell on ebay.   The lids on the leather bags do not come down over the side and will probably fill up with water in a heavy rain but they sure look good.  All the bikes standard with a slot in the rider seat to put in a back rest.  Set up the same as a mustang.  Turn signals controls just like a metric but at least this Indian comes standard with a cruise control.  I my humble opinion this bike has better slow speed handling than my King but at speed 75 to 80 with wind not as stable. Since the bike does not have lowers and the temp was not over 80 hard to tell about the heat.  Stock exhaust note more pronounced on the Indian. Has a little rumble to it when you get on it.   When it comes to power, hands down winner to the Indian.  Its a beast.  The non fairing version has a very retro and classic look to it.  

mark

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 07:57:12 PM »

Something's not right with the Chieftain...it's like they grafted a RK Classic with an Ultra.  The Chieftain doesn't know whether to be retro or modern.  Fairing is the worst part - the chrome around the headlight looks like they were just trying to stick on bling.   

The other two, Classic and Vintage, look great and Indian has added some great features to their lineup.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »

i like the look :2vrolijk_21:

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 01:15:06 AM »

I would test ride one!  It appears that they are doing a lot of things right.

Reliable engine
Better Seat
LED Lights
Advanced Audio
ABS Brakes

And $10,000 less!  I'm scared to ad up what I've got in my FLHXSE3 but I'm guessing I could probably buy two Chieftans and put cash in my pocket!

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 01:24:57 AM »

I guess its just me but their bagger looks a lot like a Victory. I just dont see it giving the HD baggers a run but time will tell. A year from now we will see the sales numbers.
Alan

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 01:42:09 AM »

I actually really like the look of the fairing on the Chieftan and with the digital dash etc., WOW.  At least it is new and more modern looking not like what we keep getting year after year.  Yawn.  Maybe this is the year we see some decent changes at Harley.

Cheers, Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 07:57:49 AM »

Something's not right with the Chieftain...it's like they grafted a RK Classic with an Ultra.  The Chieftain doesn't know whether to be retro or modern.  Fairing is the worst part - the chrome around the headlight looks like they were just trying to stick on bling.   

The other two, Classic and Vintage, look great and Indian has added some great features to their lineup.

I was thinking the same thing and wondered how long it will take for someone to at least paint it to match the rest of the fairing to tone it down a bit.   :confused5:
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 08:16:49 AM »

It's a Polaris

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 08:38:32 AM »

I'm in, guess it's time for me to change my antiquated attitude, only worry is the dealer network. Surely they won't be a stand alone dealership. With the attitude of current MOCO and dealers they need to take notice, but I'm sure their superiority complex will cloud their judgement.

Now to figure out how to attach a TR type fairing.  :drink:

Ride On

TN
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:50:01 AM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 09:57:19 AM »

I think Ken got the info here. It seems to me the Chief Classic is a bit more than 18K ?????  :nixweiss:

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-au/motorcycles

Yes - that is where I saw the $35,995 "drive away" price for the Chieftain... But I just realized that is the Australian site, so those are Australian dollars. The Indian US website says $22,999 MSRP this morning.

That's a very low MSRP for all of the amenities the Chieftain has, and it changes the whole picture! Even if you buy every accessory, you're still below the cheapest CVO, and FAR below any Touring CVO.

They also offer guaranteed trade in values out to 3 years.

Ken...the Yamaha Stratoliner also has a cast aluminum frame, and they've been around for several years now, with no problems I am aware of.  Saves a bit of weight and is less likely to flex, if I'm not mistaken...like a good mountain bike.

Guaranteed trade-in value for three years is pretty amazing... The MoCo did this with Sportys recently, but only for one year I believe, and only when trading up to a Big Twin.

I wasn't mentioning the cast aluminum frame in a bad way, but in a GOOD way. The cast aluminum frame should be strong and much lighter than a steel frame... so that's a good thing!

But the Chieftain fairing is just too "out there" for me. This stodgy old fart still likes the classic H-D bat wing look...

Ken
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:19:18 AM by North Georgia Hawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »

I like it. 4" Adjustable windshield! I also really like the electronics.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Page created in 0.444 seconds with 21 queries.