Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Live Wire in the news  (Read 13392 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Live Wire in the news
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »

To get longer distance, once HD figures out how to allow riders to charge these bikes somewhere besides a dealership, maybe HD could offer a pull behind trailer with a gas powered generator?  The Live Wire could pull the trailer with the generator running & that would charge the bike when it was on the road.

Trailer would have storage for extra gas cans & spare extension cords to connect to the Live Wire battery.  Live Wire owners would automatically qualify for a 10% discount for the Live Generator Trailer, available from the Moco for only $12,995.

OR , they could install a wind turbine on that trailer and have the wind generated by the motion of the bike converted to electric energy and then have it instantly transferred to the battery, creating the first perpetual motion motorcycle.  I can only imagine how much some greenie would pay Harley for that model.

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2019, 02:23:41 PM »

Harley is already having charging issues. You cannot charge the bike at home!

Harley-Davidson Already Pausing Electric Motorcycle Production: Report

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 03:26:25 PM »

OR , they could install a wind turbine on that trailer and have the wind generated by the motion of the bike converted to electric energy and then have it instantly transferred to the battery, creating the first perpetual motion motorcycle.  I can only imagine how much some greenie would pay Harley for that model.

Jerry ;)

;D

Good idea.  In order to get the Full Green Deal Endorsement, Harley needs to remove all plastic parts from the bike & replace them with biodegradable parts made out of corn starch.  Solar panel helmet - goes without saying.  Hemp boots and jackets and clothing with the Live Wire logo of course.

And like most all the other greenie stuff - just ignore the fact that the LW battery electricity is from gas & coal plants and the lithium battery pollutes as much if not more than a gas combustible engine when all factors of mining, producing, and disposal are taken into account.  As Fernando (Billy Crystal) used to say so wisely, "It is better to look good than to feel good."
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 03:26:38 PM »

Harley is already having charging issues. You cannot charge the bike at home!

Harley-Davidson Already Pausing Electric Motorcycle Production: Report

A trailer with a REALLY long extension cord on a huge reel is being provided as part of a service campaign, until they can get the bugs out.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2019, 03:58:41 PM »

A trailer with a REALLY long extension cord on a huge reel is being provided as part of a service campaign, until they can get the bugs out.

Jerry

The other option is the new "Screamin' Eagle" branded diesel generator mounted in the bed of the chase truck that is also a new "Screamin Eagle" accessory item.

Glenncarp

issues for MOCO's new electric bike
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2019, 08:34:00 PM »

Harley-Davidson’s all-electric LiveWire bike, an attempt to attract a younger audience to its two-wheeled legacy, has been having one hell of a struggle just keeping its head above water. The numbers haven’t been great, but now there’s an even bigger problem: charging equipment. Harley-Davidson is ceasing both production and delivery immediately.

The problem with the charging equipment has not been identified by Harley-Davidson, The Wall Street Journal reports. But the company has advised buyers not to use any charging outlets at home; instead, the LiveWire should only be charged with the professional equipment that can be found at, say, charging stations.

ParadigmGuy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: issues for MOCO's new electric bike
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2019, 08:41:31 PM »

As a Harley and Tesla owner, I want to see the electric Harley succeed. However, with only a 70 mile range it's useless to me.

Glenncarp

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2019, 08:49:14 PM »

In other parts of article, it said 140 miles on a charge. That must be in city?

ParadigmGuy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2019, 08:54:32 PM »

In other parts of article, it said 140 miles on a charge. That must be in city?
It might be. But 140 would be perfect conditions. My Tesla was initally rated at 265, now only charges to 240, and I get about 160 miles with my driving style. With an electric Harley, I'd be surprised to get 100 miles from a 140 mile rating.

100 miles won't even cover a couple hours of riding with friends.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2019, 03:26:16 AM »

Hmmmm - how very HD of them.

Yes it is.  HD is consistent when it involves product innovations.  Not a good type of consistency, the other kind.  The kind that doesn't work & frustrates customers.  The type of consistency that is driving the company stock price from a high of 74 in April 2014 to its closing price yesterday October 15, 2019 at 36. :o    US stock market (DJA), same time frame went from 16,500 April 2014 to 27,000 yesterday October 15. There appears to be a trend....  8)
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2019, 07:58:31 AM »

How on earth could anyone believe that this was tested to the extent necessary and only just now, at delivery time, find out there is a problem with being able to charge this thing. This is one of the most central parts of this machine, there is no way this has gone UN-noticed until delivery time.
No way I'm buying this. I will be very, very surprised if these things EVER get delivered. I still say, they see the writing on the wall, cut and run............

OR,

It can only be assumed that Harley "once again" planned on using the consumer to test their newest release.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

ultrarider123

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2019, 09:33:46 AM »

How on earth could anyone believe that this was tested to the extent necessary and only just now, at delivery time, find out there is a problem with being able to charge this thing. This is one of the most central parts of this machine, there is no way this has gone UN-noticed until delivery time.
No way I'm buying this. I will be very, very surprised if these things EVER get delivered. I still say, they see the writing on the wall, cut and run............

You are spot-on with that comment.  Youdathunk that charging with any source would have been first on any electric vehicle QA checklist, not the last thing they look into as they are crating them up for dealer delivery... :nixweiss:

If that's the case, why did they notice it at that point (at the last) in the process?  Since they really had not delivered any, what clued them in on checking something that seems to any normal human as a "given"?

J.D.

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2019, 10:22:41 AM »

That's spot on.  As someone who has experience in product validation and verification, this is a substantial miss.

mark

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2019, 08:38:54 PM »

IMO it won't make any difference if the Livewire will charge or not.  At $30k and a range shorter than lesser priced e-motorcycles, this is going to be a flop.  Might as well get it over with fast.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2019, 12:32:32 AM »

I'm surprised they don't offer a recorded Potato potato sounds you can use while riding so those that just want the sound can have it. :huepfenlol2:
The potato, potato, potato sound track comes with rub on tattoos and all the proper gear. It's called the "biker image" package. Only $2995 when you purchase a new LiveWire.

But wait....it gets better!...Harley is offering "Road Rescue Relief" ony $1995. Run out of juice, we pick you and your LiveWire up in a cool black and orange "RRR" truck and deliver you to a charging station.

The good news....you can finance the whole package for 84 months at a low 12.99% apr.

WHAT A DEAL! The new green biker has arrived! ARE YOU IN?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.