Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What would you do???  (Read 1651 times)

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
What would you do???
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:52:14 PM »

It was a great day for riding in the Pittsburgh, PA area today. I decided to head out to a Harley dealer in Steubenville, Ohio. Since I have never been to this peticular dealer I fired up the gps, which was already set to avoid toll roads, highways, interstates...etc. So I am on my way traveling country roads, back roads, dirt roads and goat trails...alright so maybe not any goat trails. About half way into my journey I encounter a road closed detour. So I do a U turn and make the first left. I pull off the side of the road to allow the gps to recalculate. The hot female voice tells me to proceed one mile then turn left. I am about to continue my journey, ready to get back on the road, I look up and notice the sign shown in the attached picture. I sit and think for a split second longer...then I proceed. What would you do??? What do you think I did???  ...your damn right I did!!! It was a great day and a great ride.
Stay Safe!!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 06:59:36 AM by 2 ROSE »

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
Re: What would you do???
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 02:36:35 AM »

Screw gps, bikes are made to get lost on ... that's half the fun. This is my 2nd bike and 3rd vehicle that had it and I never bothered to even try using it, I'm old-school. I almost wanted to call off work today to go ride, but playing hooky doesn't pay my bills. I am off today however and will be going out later when the faucet in the sky quits dripping ... supposed to clear up after this morning. All those windy roads and switchbacks are my favorite ... just have to remember I'm not on a Duc anymore, lol.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 07:45:04 AM »

The difference between driving a car and riding my bike. When driving, I can't wait to get to the destination. When riding, the destination is just an excuse... Now since I am close enough to Steubenville to use it as an excuse (only 250 miles) where and how would I find this road?

Cam

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 08:01:39 AM »

Damn Cam, ...hmmm...that rhymes, I like it.
I was afraid someone was going to ask that...I don't remember the name of the road...something Portal I think. Hell I am lucky I can remember my own name half the time.  I don't know that it is worth traveling 250 miles, I mean we aren't talking the Dragon here or anything.  But I will try to find it on a map when I get a chance. I may have been on Route 27 at the time of the detour.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.