Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brand new 2013 compensator.  (Read 1691 times)

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
Brand new 2013 compensator.
« on: November 14, 2013, 08:31:39 PM »

Hey guy's, Took my rocket fast bike for a rip today. And when I got off the highway, while sitting at that light at the end of the ramp I blipped the throttle ( just for fun ) and I heard a funny noise from the compensator. Kind of a whining, rattly, noise for a second before the RPM's rose a bit. Makes this noise just off the throttle. Did it every time. This is the brand new, re designed comp with that glue in piece. Has about 150 miles on it. No other noise of any kind noted at any other time.. WTF?  I thought they fixed all the bugs. Or is this the way they are?  What should I do?  Thoughts?
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Brand new 2013 compensator.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 08:52:11 PM »

Who installed it?  If it was a dealer, have them pull the primary apart and check things out on their dime.  Service parts come with a warranty in the USA, and I assume it's the same in Canada.  If a part failed, or if they screwed up the install, it should be covered either by H-D or by the dealer.

Are you sure this noise is coming from the compensator, or is it perhaps coming from the inner primary bearing, or maybe the primary chain tensioner?  We're kind of shooting in the dark here.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Brand new 2013 compensator.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 07:55:23 PM »

Hey guy's, Took my rocket fast bike for a rip today. And when I got off the highway, while sitting at that light at the end of the ramp I blipped the throttle ( just for fun ) and I heard a funny noise from the compensator. Kind of a whining, rattly, noise for a second before the RPM's rose a bit. Makes this noise just off the throttle. Did it every time. This is the brand new, re designed comp with that glue in piece. Has about 150 miles on it. No other noise of any kind noted at any other time.. WTF?  I thought they fixed all the bugs. Or is this the way they are?  What should I do?  Thoughts?

If your dealer did the install, take it back and have them listen to it.  When they tell you it's normal, have them compare it to another bike (a 2014 bike with the latest compensator) in your presence.  When you bike has the noise and their 2014 bike doesn't have the noise, have them pull it apart and figure it out...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.