Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 FLHTKSE Warranty  (Read 1665 times)

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
2015 FLHTKSE Warranty
« on: August 07, 2016, 02:23:24 PM »

Yesterday I went to the dealer to have the left hand switchpack replaced do to a bad clutch lever switch failure.
This has been a problem and may very well have been from Sept. 1, the day I bought it. Never had started while in gear. But I have always started the engine in neutral anyway.
So far other than 2 replacment tires on the front do to not holding air and  rear tire replacment due to a nail, the bike has been trouble free.
5400 miles isn't alot compared to many but for me with limited spare time to ride, the miles have been from a few weekend trips of 800 and up, very few in town and less than a dozen times to work.
My dogs go to work with me and to old to run along side.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
Re: 2015 FLHTKSE Warranty
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 07:36:32 PM »

My left side went out at about 10k on my 2015 CVORGU. Took to dealer and they agreed it was bad. Took about a week to get the board in and quick fix.  Noticed mine was out during a group ride as I had parked it in first and tried to start with just the clutch pulled in after a break. Thought it was something else because I had been having trouble with the CB squelch on the ride but now believe this was due to another riders PTT acting up. Hear these boards going out is a common issue.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 07:49:04 PM »

if you get it back and it still doesn't start in gear with the clutch lever pulled, make sure you make them fix it.  you may never start your bike in gear, but what about that one time that your bike stalls in the middle of an intersection?  that's the hardest time in the world to find neutral, second, first, second, first, etc.....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 10:06:24 PM »

The dealer ordered the part last week after telling them what was going on so the part was in and they spent 1/2 hr doing a quick test and replacement. Working right a this time. But will continue to start the engine in neutral, always have done this on all othe HD's never any problems with starters or compensators, related or not, just how I do it.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 10:55:36 AM »

Guess this is all part of the change to canbus electrical system where the entire grip controls are on one board.  Jerry commented on another thread about this problem that these control boards are a lot more expensive than the individual sensors that one used to have to replace. Hopefully after the defective boards get changed out the problem will not come back later.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 03:42:08 AM »

I had the same problem. The right side toggle switch has been replaced also along with the throttle grip sensor. That's about it. Got 11,000 km on it and it rides like a dream. A far cry from my last CVO.
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.