Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ordered 2016 road glid ultra with bolt on 117 kit. Hope it's a good plan !  (Read 7805 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer

I agree on the download part and I've used TTS in the past and had good luck, I'm actually in VA but we're picking the bike up in Colorado and will spend the month tooling around then up to WA State and on down to AZ the back to VA, with "who knows where" in-between. Looking for good roads and places to visit.

Here are some places / visits we really enjoyed.   Recommend getting a national park pass vs. paying for each one that requires it.   for us it was well worth the money, just carry the card and put the sticker on the windshield.   THEY ASK for them.

North and South Rim of the grand Canyon,
Bryce Canyon
Canyon Lands
Dead Horse Park
Moab
Devils Backbone / Escalante's
Zion National Park
Jacob's Lake
The Arches
Medicine Hat
129 following the Colorado
The town of Kanab
Lake Havasu - If you pick the bike up out there arrange with Steve Fullsac to tune it while your out there if you cant get it to Chad in VA.
Take the Ferry at Lake Havasu ..  nice ride across.
Navajo Bridge
Glen Canyon
Trip up to FlagStaff   -  GMR can prolly share some places there that is where his old shop was.
Yellow Stone
The Sturgis Area for all of its rides  needles highway, rushmore, custers wildlife loop, crazy hours, devils tower, badlands, indian reservation
Red Rock and the mining towns out by vegas if you head that way from say Zion

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7

If you get near Flagstaff, AZ check out Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument NE of Flagstaff... 'had to do that one twice...

Also in Flagstaff is the Museum Club, a beautiful 100+ year old Roadhouse, a great place for food & :drink:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

flyguy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 110th Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2016 Road Glide Ultra 117 Kit

Excellent, excellent,  ideas. As we try and plot waypoints on the map this is a big help and of course creates a dilemma  as well, so many places so little time...A  few folks have mentioned Red Rock, love the area around Sturgis. Going to try and get to Beartooth and I understand that Route 12 from Missoula through Idaho is great too. Million dollar highway is possibly on the list at least some part, San Jaun islands? We'll see..!
Wondering about a port and polish on the heads if possible while they do the 117 kit, don't really want to deck the heads as the 117 kit has "perfect fit" push rods in the kit.
Lots of places to see, seeing how she runs during the first 1k break-in will help determine where we head. Really looking forward to see how the 117 kit performs.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

some  additional spots to visit.

Moki Dugway highway
Vermilion Cliffs
Monument Valley
Painted Desert to Lake Powell  -  Great photo opportunity ..  backdrop is seen in many many movies.
Donner Pass near Reno
In Ca. take CA399 to CA36 and then north on HWY3  signs will say curves next 140 miles.
Chief Joseph's highway out past Deadwood in Sturgis   Deadwood great little town.
Spearfish Canyon is great too
PCH all the way up. 
Silverton and Ouray ...  other good places to visit.  if you head to jacobs lake you can head over to silverton and the rim.

take lots of pictures.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

Lee's Ferry to Moki Dugway.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

The heads are off might as well get a port, polish and valve job.   Have em checked out, also have them measure how far in the hole your pistons are, be the time to spin drop the heads or cut the cylinders to get a zero deck height and a .030 headgasket.

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Here are some places / visits we really enjoyed.   Recommend getting a national park pass vs. paying for each one that requires it.   for us it was well worth the money, just carry the card and put the sticker on the windshield.   THEY ASK for them.

North and South Rim of the grand Canyon,
Bryce Canyon
Canyon Lands
Dead Horse Park
Moab
Devils Backbone / Escalante's
Zion National Park
Jacob's Lake
The Arches
Medicine Hat
129 following the Colorado
The town of Kanab
Lake Havasu - If you pick the bike up out there arrange with Steve Fullsac to tune it while your out there if you cant get it to Chad in VA.
Take the Ferry at Lake Havasu ..  nice ride across.
Navajo Bridge
Glen Canyon
Trip up to FlagStaff   -  GMR can prolly share some places there that is where his old shop was.
Yellow Stone
The Sturgis Area for all of its rides  needles highway, rushmore, custers wildlife loop, crazy hours, devils tower, badlands, indian reservation
Red Rock and the mining towns out by vegas if you head that way from say Zion

I cannot stress how much I agree with this. Utah is as good as motorcycling gets, the roads are good, the traffic (away from the parks) is light, and the scenery is second to none. Just be careful around deer:30 am and pm, the place is thick with wildlife.
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

flyguy

• Junior CVO Member

Just got word that the bikes ready to go the did a run on the dyno to see what the numbers were, not a tune because they used the download and still needs break-in miles before a serious dyno tune. The line looked really good I thought no dips but the numbers were under whelming and less than even what Harley's dyno sheet that they publish show. I'll try to post them later but the sheet showed 110 tq and 104 Hp, kinda low I thought. Did not get the headwork done, the lead time was too long and would have delayed the trip. I did wonder if the altitude could have something to do with the low dyno numbers? Pick her up next week, looking forward to the seat of the pants dyno😎

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

104/110 are good numbers the hp is higher than Iusually see, but the torque is in the ballpark.   When I did a cam / pipe / tune I made 104/116 on my 110.   FWIW.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG

I had the exact same numbers on my 110 Harry but I also had Baisley's crap work on the heads. Oh yes that was with the 255 cams.

flyguy

• Junior CVO Member

Yup my 110 is close to those numbers I was thinking the 117 would be a bit better, probably will be once it has a good tune.
Here's the sheet.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG

Fly, good to see that big dip on the chart is gone. :2vrolijk_21: Prolly runs better without.

flyguy

• Junior CVO Member

Yes I'm waiting to find out, next Wednesday I should have that seat of the pants dyno behind me, so to speak...Not sure what that huge dip on the original run was all about, I'll have to ask and i'm thinking that once I have a pro do a good tune on it the numbers will change a bit. It's going to be interesting to see how she does in the mountains; ought to be a really good break-in, lots of varied speeds.

manllyy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

I got same plan , congrat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 25 queries.