Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful...and the fastest color.  (Read 31189 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful...and the fastest color.
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010, 08:14:23 PM »

Okay, first impression: I'm Home!

Rode 100 miles this afternoon with Mama. Here are our thoughts as rider and passenger.

Wind/Buffeting - my initial response would be: more than the Ultra. HOWEVER, not in an intrusive or annoying way. I can feel more wind, but it doesn't bother me. Annette said it was much more for her but we did have 15-25 mph winds on the initial part of our ride. After a quick bite and a beer or two (Jameson and Ginger for Mama) the wind died down a little and it was much better. I was impressed with the way it didn't seem to bother us even with the higher winds.

Bat-wing insert wind deflector thingys - definitely a difference. Rode about 40 miles with them to dinner. Pulled them out on the way back (on the side of the road as I forgot). Rode about 5 miles with them off, stopped and put them back in. Very easy to remove and replace. More buffeting around my ears without them. Annette noticed a big difference also.

Heat - Hot as a mutha mutha up till about 35 miles on the bike itself then it tapered a bit. After dinner was better, then got hot again but overall, bearable. Assuming this is part of the break in period as was such on all of my other 96, 103 and 110 engines.

Stereo -  :2vrolijk_21:  :pepper:  :drink:

Ipod - worked like a charm. Switching songs wasn't as fast as I would have liked, but overall it performed flawless. Since I was having difficulty with the GPS/Aux front cable, I was elated to have it. Solved that problem.

GPS - It may have that Road Tech™ Navigation Interface Module, but all I heard was the interruption of my music followed by....nothing. Probably operator error.  :nixweiss:

Noise - Engine pretty quiet. Will reserve judgment until it's well broken in. I did hear a weird squeaking noise towards the end when apply the brakes. Sounds like something in the rear brake area. Hope that's a part of break in and will go away on its own.

Ride - NICE. Smooth and tight. Corners real well, accelerates as good as can be choked down at the moment, and stopping is a lot better than my ultra. I always felt unstable somewhat or tippy or couldn't always get my timing down when coming to a stop on the Ultra. Not the Ruse. Stuck it every time. No wobble or waver.

Seat - again:NICE. Only rode 100 miles but it felt very nice. I like the height compared to my old Corbin. Took the back rest out even and it was very supportive but forgiving if that even makes sense.

I ordered my X-Pipe before leaving for this afternoons ride along with the 1.75" and 2.25" baffles from Fullsack Performance. Good discounts for CVO members and Alice was a great pleasure to deal with. I even had to place her on hold at one point for s few minutes and she was right there when I got back as happy and helpful as could be. She said the TTS program for the 2011's is not out yet but should be ready soon. I went ahead and ordered the parts so I would have them when it came available.

Other than the pipes/baffles and a TTS tuner, I may not need anything else except that thing to cover the wiring harness behind the breather - of hell...here we go again...

easyrider9809

• Ridin Orange
  • Full CVO Member
  • 09 CVO
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2010, 08:42:20 PM »

Congratulations !!...Great looking Bike !!.. :orange:
09 Road Glide CVO
98 Heritage

LUV2RYD

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2010, 10:32:19 PM »

Congratulations, beautiful machine!  Just picked up ours today, a Charcoal Slate/Black Twilight.  Here's to many miles of enjoyable riding on these iron horses!!!
'15 CVO Road Glide Ultra Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
'03 Heritage Classic 100th Silver/Blk

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2010, 11:04:16 PM »

Congratulations, beautiful machine!  Just picked up ours today, a Charcoal Slate/Black Twilight.  Here's to many miles of enjoyable riding on these iron horses!!!

Congrats to you too!! Which shield did you get, was it this one?

http://www.realhog.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=0&Category_ID=37&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=31777&sblid_name=

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2010, 07:26:43 AM »

Congrats mi amigo Rob....it's beautiful!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 07:34:43 AM »

Really nice Rob, Cee Baily has the shield for ya. 
Orange is still the fastest !!

a.k.a  Dent Dude

Dyna105

• Junior CVO Member
  • "2008 FXDL my second favortie ride"
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 08:44:53 AM »

Come on guys we all know that GREEN is the fastest Followed very closely by the ORANGE ones especially the ones in Georiga
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:26:47 AM by Dyna105 »
"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2010, 03:57:09 PM »

I ordered my X-Pipe before leaving for this afternoons ride along with the 1.75" and 2.25" baffles from Fullsack Performance. Good discounts for CVO members and Alice was a great pleasure to deal with. I even had to place her on hold at one point for s few minutes and she was right there when I got back as happy and helpful as could be. She said the TTS program for the 2011's is not out yet but should be ready soon. I went ahead and ordered the parts so I would have them when it came available.

Other than the pipes/baffles and a TTS tuner, I may not need anything else except that thing to cover the wiring harness behind the breather - of hell...here we go again...

Good Discount = 10% much better than nuttin..

Curious, you plan on swapping "Power Cores" from time to time or are you going to try both, decide and ship a set back?

I am planning on getting the X-Pipe and probably the 2.25" Power Cores.

Simon

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »

Good Discount = 10% much better than nuttin..

Curious, you plan on swapping "Power Cores" from time to time or are you going to try both, decide and ship a set back?

I am planning on getting the X-Pipe and probably the 2.25" Power Cores.

Simon

No, I am going to "probably" use the 2.25" around town "bar-hopping" and the 1.75" for long trips. Just got back from 1700 miles round trip with some 2" in my Bub's and my ears were ringing!

LUV2RYD

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 04:45:55 PM »

Congrats to you too!! Which shield did you get, was it this one?

http://www.realhog.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=0&Category_ID=37&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=31777&sblid_name=

Yes, that is the one.  Passenger says it made a huge difference and I like the appearance too. 
'15 CVO Road Glide Ultra Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
'03 Heritage Classic 100th Silver/Blk

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 07:56:51 PM »

:orange:I wonder how that would work for me and my wife?  I am 6'5" tall and wife is 6'.  We currently run a clearview GT Medium with the vent in it and it does fine.  But we all know that we are looking for the ultimate refining!  A little play on words there!   :orange:

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2010, 08:58:48 PM »

Saw that color this past Sat. at Atlanta HD. I am not a red kind of guy but I do really like that shade of red on the bike. It looked real good.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2010, 09:56:44 PM »

Yes, that is the one.  Passenger says it made a huge difference and I like the appearance too. 

Good deal. Lets see a front and side pic when you get the chance!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2010, 09:58:17 PM »

Saw that color this past Sat. at Atlanta HD. I am not a red kind of guy but I do really like that shade of red on the bike. It looked real good.

As some on here know, my wife is not a red fan at all and she is okay with this bike. Not really red or burgundy but more of a wine color.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2010, 10:06:21 PM »

Not really red or burgundy but more of a wine color.

So all you really need is some cheese to go with that wine.
Wonder if HD sells cheese?

:huepfenlol2:     :huepfenlol2:      :huepfenlol2:       :huepfenlol2:       :huepfenlol2:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 22 queries.