Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Lets talk about horns...............  (Read 3505 times)

Jerry/MD

Lets talk about horns...............
« on: May 09, 2011, 01:00:53 PM »

Well, my stock horn bit the dust last week. You would think when spending $30k+ for a bike they might provide a better horn.  ::)

Since I regularly battle the cagers on the Baltimore Beltway I wanted something a little louder than the original POS. I went with the Pro Pad Mini Beast 5. Its a bit pricey...but the next time one of the soccer moms who is gabbing on her cell phone decides to change lanes without looking....she is gonna get a surprise.  :o

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Lets talk about horns...............
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 01:09:07 PM »

They didn't tell you?   The horns go in the same catagory as their gauges. :nervous:

There have been posts before....have you tried a search?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 01:45:14 PM »

I'd sure like to find a way to discretely mount this........  perhaps in a side car with the seat removed.........

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=outlaw-228cx-chrome-train-horn-kit&gclid=CLCcvJK226gCFcO8Kgod1GOLFQ
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 02:31:10 PM »

I installed the deluxe Wolo horn from Kuryakyn and like it very well.

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 03:57:18 PM »

Have you thought about gutting your mufflers completely?

Seriously Jerry - you have my greatest sympathies for what you have to deal with.
I was stationed in Annapolis and lived in Glen Burnie for 5 years - Ritchie Highway was a HUGE reason why I was happy to see that place get smaller in my mirrors.
Another was the BaltWash Pkwy - it was beautiful piece of roadway but during rush hour it was a big angry female dog.
Even in my Titan I was visually missed so often that the thought of being on 2 wheels there was intimdating to say the least.

Again, I feel for you and good luck with your search.
Sparky

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 11:17:09 PM »

Jerry/MD, You made a good choice going with a Pro Pad Mii Beast. I had one of ther larger horns about 10 years ago  when the cover was stainless steel and the horn pointed towards the front.(was installed on my 95 Heritage) That horn was up there with a catering truck. It lasted for about 5 or 6 years and when I called them to buy parts to replace it ( I only wanted the horn part because I had the cover chromed) they just took my info an sent me a replacement free of charge. Not too many companies do that. Now if someone only made a horn that said F.U. that would be great . I could have used it on PCH the other day. I was going almost 80 in a 65 and a idiot passed me on the right and flipped me off. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Jerry/MD

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »

They didn't tell you?   The horns go in the same catagory as their gauges.

There have been posts before....have you tried a search?

Yes I did a search. I didn't see anything new so I figured a re-visit was in order.

Seriously Jerry - you have my greatest sympathies for what you have to deal with.
I was stationed in Annapolis and lived in Glen Burnie for 5 years - Ritchie Highway was a HUGE reason why I was happy to see that place get smaller in my mirrors.
Another was the BaltWash Pkwy - it was beautiful piece of roadway but during rush hour it was a big angry female dog.
Even in my Titan I was visually missed so often that the thought of being on 2 wheels there was intimdating to say the least.

Yikes...Ritchie Highway and the BW Parkway? Not fun. Fortunately my commute is on the east side which isn't as busy. However, you do have that percentage of knuckleheads who change lanes without looking.  :o

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »

Yikes...Ritchie Highway and the BW Parkway? Not fun. Fortunately my commute is on the east side which isn't as busy. However, you do have that percentage of knuckleheads who change lanes without looking.  :o
Well of course they're changing lanes without looking - they can't have their texting/make-up application/reading/eating interrupted by something so unimportant as someone elses safety.

I'm so glad to be out here in relatively wide open spaces of AZ - we still have idiot drivers here just like everywhere else - it's just that there's more room here so they're not all compressed/condensed in so tightly together.
Sparky

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 04:25:20 PM »

Replaced the stock horn with LeNale fan (works great). Installed a chrome "Nautilus Compact" by Stebel  as shown in the photos. They hear me now!
Tom P.

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 04:26:07 PM »

Another view

lvse110se5

• Las Vegas Rick
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »

Does anyone have a good pic of the mini beast 2 on a Cvo ? I want to change out my stocker with one, but they look huge

rw3673

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE. Was candy cobalt. Getting custom paint
    • CVO2: 2007 CVO Ultra. B/O. Sold
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »

I have a Kuryakyn Wolo,too.  It is very loud.  Same sound as an old style air horn but without a seperate compressor.  Very tidy install and for well under 100 bucks you can't beat it.   Everyone keeps asking me what it is. I've been telling them it's a new Supercharger!  LOL

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 02:06:49 PM »

Does anyone have a good pic of the mini beast 2 on a Cvo ? I want to change out my stocker with one, but they look huge
Here is a shot of a mini beast on my 2009 SERG.

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 11:00:16 PM »

Here's one on my 2011 flstse2.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 08:46:07 AM »

I'd sure like to find a way to discretely mount this........  perhaps in a side car with the seat removed.........

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=outlaw-228cx-chrome-train-horn-kit&gclid=CLCcvJK226gCFcO8Kgod1GOLFQ

I have a train horn from this guys in my truck. AWESOME!!! get a lot of people pissed off too   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

They are in Tampa FL. They used to have not even a disclaimer about noise regulations and stuff, now they do since they have been hit with some tough complaints. Hornblasters rock!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.