CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

Upgraded High Volume Oil Pump

<< < (3/4) > >>

2018CVOGS:
Wasn’t made aware of a new oil filter. Let me circle back with the dealer. Appreciate the info!!

GB506:

--- Quote from: 2018CVOGS on April 01, 2020, 01:33:21 PM ---I just got my 18 CVO RG out the shop for some performance work. The H-D technician recommended I swap out the oil pump with the new design as a preemptive measure since my warranty ended in January. Now I have a peace of mind although my bike never experienced a sumping problem.

--- End quote ---
What did they charge you for the pump and install? My dealer quoted $1k, which I suspect is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave:
When we built the motor in my 2019 FLTRXSE we used the 2020 8 lobe HD oil pump.  There have been others on this forum who have done the same.  Many of the big name builders have started using the 2020 HD pump vice the expensive S&S oil pump say it works as well if not better for less money.

2019CVONH:

--- Quote from: 2018CVOGS on January 30, 2020, 10:26:09 PM ---Has anyone heard of an upgraded high volume oil pump released in 2020 for the M8? I’d like to replace mine at the same time as I’m upgrading the cam. H-D website search only shows pre-M8.

--- End quote ---

Yes. I have a 2019 CVO and I replaced the pump before took delivery of the bike. I put a Stage 3 kit on it as well. I've never had an issue with the sumping or breather issues. It's an S&S Cam plate and Oil pump combo. It wasn't cheap at $800 but like I said I've had no issues.

skratch:

--- Quote from: RivRaptor on April 01, 2020, 05:46:38 PM ---And don't forget about that new oil filter that just came out.  The belief is it is to accompany the  newer pumps.  25% more flow / capacity I believe

--- End quote ---

the filter has 25% more surface area, no flow or capacity.  it is the same diameter, only 1/2'' longer so your old oil filter wrenches will still work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version