Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!  (Read 46117 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 09:32:44 PM »

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2009, 02:56:14 AM »

Checked out my buddy's wishbone frame tonight! NO FRIGGIN WAY TO PUT A BATTERY UNDERNEATH WITHIN THE FRAME! Them original HD wishbone frames were never made for electric start. That battery would hang below the frame rail by at least half the battery depth! And the bike's very low as it is. I think I'm done thinking about this and am OK with the Horseshoe tank. Vern was at the party and pointed out all the obstacles on my buddy Leroy's Panhead, to doing what I was hoping for with the OT. There's a cross member below the trans on these frames too, preventing you from locating a tank there. Maybe you chopper guys with modified or aftermarket chopper frames can do this OK. But it ain't happening on a HD Wishbone frame! Thanks for trying to help. ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2009, 10:45:20 AM »

Checked out my buddy's wishbone frame tonight! NO FRIGGIN WAY TO PUT A BATTERY UNDERNEATH WITHIN THE FRAME! Them original HD wishbone frames were never made for electric start. That battery would hang below the frame rail by at least half the battery depth! And the bike's very low as it is. I think I'm done thinking about this and am OK with the Horseshoe tank. Vern was at the party and pointed out all the obstacles on my buddy Leroy's Panhead, to doing what I was hoping for with the OT. There's a cross member below the trans on these frames too, preventing you from locating a tank there. Maybe you chopper guys with modified or aftermarket chopper frames can do this OK. But it ain't happening on a HD Wishbone frame! Thanks for trying to help. ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Howie
        My last chopper project was a Paughco wishbone replica frame. It was set-up to work with Evo Softail parts. I used a Milwaukee Iron oil tank like the one you're talking about, a rebuilt RevTech 100" motor with a Del'Orto dual throat and an Ultima 6 speed. 85 Anny H-D Bad Boy Springer front end (complete with brakes) , 5 gallon flat side tanks and 40 spoke wire wheels. 12" apes on 4" risers. Fitting the rear brake was a bit of a bitch as was lining up the drive train. I was in process of buying the primary guts when the CVO site member selling them to me flat out disappeared. Twolane and I were never able to find out if he passed away or what.(hd_tex ?)  Anyway, I got stuck in neutral during that wait for parts period and ended up selling the 75% completed project to an old bro in Maine about 18 months ago for the $7,500 I had in it. He bought the primary guts, starter, wiring harness, a sprung solo seat, flat rear fender and strut and a set of Paul Yaffe X-Pipes (blacked out shotguns with chome heat shields that look like a 50 Cal gun barrel) from JP Cycles. Those were the only new parts to my knowledge. He claims he's only got $11k in it complete. Next time you're up my way at the lake in Maine, we'll go hunt the guy up. I haven' seen it finished myself.

B B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »

Hoist! 8)
Oh well we tried. :( But you know this dilemma isn't nothing that a sawzall and a little welding wouldn't fix. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2009, 04:04:32 PM »

Oh well we tried. :( But you know this dilemma isn't nothing that a sawzall and a little welding wouldn't fix. :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I'm buildin a choppa, not choppin a builda! :D :D :D ;)

Howie
        My last chopper project was a Paughco wishbone replica frame. It was set-up to work with Evo Softail parts. I used a Milwaukee Iron oil tank like the one you're talking about, a rebuilt RevTech 100" motor with a Del'Orto dual throat and an Ultima 6 speed. 85 Anny H-D Bad Boy Springer front end (complete with brakes) , 5 gallon flat side tanks and 40 spoke wire wheels. 12" apes on 4" risers. Fitting the rear brake was a bit of a bitch as was lining up the drive train. I was in process of buying the primary guts when the CVO site member selling them to me flat out disappeared. Twolane and I were never able to find out if he passed away or what.(hd_tex ?)  Anyway, I got stuck in neutral during that wait for parts period and ended up selling the 75% completed project to an old bro in Maine about 18 months ago for the $7,500 I had in it. He bought the primary guts, starter, wiring harness, a sprung solo seat, flat rear fender and strut and a set of Paul Yaffe X-Pipes (blacked out shotguns with chome heat shields that look like a 50 Cal gun barrel) from JP Cycles. Those were the only new parts to my knowledge. He claims he's only got $11k in it complete. Next time you're up my way at the lake in Maine, we'll go hunt the guy up. I haven' seen it finished myself.

B B

MI doesn't show an OT w/Battery Tray either. Like I said, Vern's already been thru this a buncha times already, and the bike is now mocked up w/the Horseshoe. Too bad you had to give that project bobber away. I'd love to go check it out w/ya this summer though! :2vrolijk_21:

Appreciate everyone trying to find a small OT w/Battery Tray! Now we can continue with the build. Yesterday's scramble was because Vern went to town on this thing the last 2 days, and I didn't want to hold up the process. But didn't want to settle til I was convinced there was no other options. Well, I'm convinced and we'll move forward from here! Thanks gang!!! :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2009, 04:08:14 PM »

I'm buildin a choppa, not choppin a builda! :D :D :D ;)

Hoist! 8)
:zroflmao: :zroflmao: :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2009, 09:31:04 AM »

I'll work my way over to the shop today, or tomorrow latest, to get some pics of the mocked up Hoist Bobber! Can't wait to see what it looks like now. I'm not convinced I'm keeping the 16" FB wheel up front though. Might put a 21 on there instead. I'll have to see what she looks like after we get the shorter fork tubes in. I'm sure ya'll will have plenty of suggestions after I get the pics up! ::) ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 06:20:37 PM »

Hoist

Have ya thought about moving the oil tank out to the front of the frame?? :nixweiss: 

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 06:21:28 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 06:25:44 PM »

Interesting setup Pete! That frame is a different configuration than a HD wishbone. He had no room under the seat and had to get creative it appears. That frame also has room behind the tranny for a battery, which is where I thought I'd wind up putting mine. But there's no room for an electric start battery back there, just a kick-only battery. No offense, but I'm not crazy about that tank up front like that. Nice bike though! Thanks for the suggestion and pics! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2009, 06:28:14 PM »

I'm not real crazy about it myself but when I seen that picture thought I might as well throw it out there..

Pete

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »

I'm not real crazy about it myself but when I seen that picture thought I might as well throw it out there..

Pete

Thanks Pete. After going over EVERY OPTION we could think of, we just went with the Horseshoe tank. I'm kinda over not having the round one now. ;)

Hoist! 8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2009, 01:30:16 AM »

MI doesn't show an OT w/Battery Tray either. Like I said, Vern's already been thru this a buncha times already, and the bike is now mocked up w/the Horseshoe. Too bad you had to give that project bobber away. I'd love to go check it out w/ya this summer though! :2vrolijk_21:

Appreciate everyone trying to find a small OT w/Battery Tray! Now we can continue with the build. Yesterday's scramble was because Vern went to town on this thing the last 2 days, and I didn't want to hold up the process. But didn't want to settle til I was convinced there was no other options. Well, I'm convinced and we'll move forward from here! Thanks gang!!! :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Howie
         I give you my word we sourced this through JP Cycles and it was from Milwaukee Iron. If it's been discontinued c'est la vie, but I'm not makin chit up as I go along just to tell a story amigo

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2009, 01:35:29 AM »

Howie
         I give you my word we sourced this through JP Cycles and it was from Milwaukee Iron. If it's been discontinued c'est la vie, but I'm not makin chit up as I go along just to tell a story amigo

B B

I know B B! Just tellin ya what I found on MI's site, and on JP's! Nothin! ;)

Thanks anyway man! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »

Howi3, I found a jar of the "ice pearls" from my 07 serk paint job, lemme know if you need em for the bobb..
Maybe a matching psuedoserk paint job for the bob?? Black ice, blue pinnage, pewter leaf on the scalloped frisco..I'm just sayin.. ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 21 queries.