Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 474

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1172693 times)

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #1680 on: October 26, 2014, 08:48:54 PM »

Nice  :2vrolijk_21:

Where did you get them?
legacy bagger ..they are on facebook
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #1681 on: October 26, 2014, 10:52:53 PM »

Thanks!   :2vrolijk_21:
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

hawkeye4jw

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #1682 on: October 27, 2014, 04:34:21 AM »

Metro, Silver Eagle, and Hawkeye Harley are three that are close here to me.  Great people and customer service.
Down fall is, none of the three tune with TTS.  Jason at Faribault HD has good reputation in doing so and has proved it to me
with the last two motors.  Couple more hours and will be heading out for a days ride  :)

My bike has a TTS on it and I was under the impression they tuned it at Metro. The guy I bought it from did all his dealings with them.
 Long story short is when I bought the bike I bought it from a private party. He was taking my 09 as a trade and using it as a trade on his new CVO. The dealer actually did all the paper work so it saved both of us taxes. Worked out well.

Ride safe
 Jack

SHRK2TH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Street Glide / Black traded
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / White Starfire Black
« Reply #1683 on: October 27, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »

Jack,  Let me re-phrase that.  They may be able to tune with TTS, but not have it mastered as some others...
When I bought my Fullsac set up, Cams, header pipes and DX pipe.  Silver Eagle loaded the can tune, other than that
they had no experience in that software.  As not all of the same bikes run the same on a can tune, Jason at Faribault
tuned it to perfection.  I know when I was out at Metro 3 weeks ago getting a battery checked due to starting issues, we first check to see if the ACR's were enabled, being I have a built 120 installed.  They could check through the ECM, but not change anything due to I have the TTS.  Ended up being a battery anyway.

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #1684 on: October 27, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »

1K service done yesterday.
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #1685 on: October 27, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »

Gone Riding....sunny and a high of 70 today.

hawkeye4jw

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #1686 on: October 27, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »

Jack,  Let me re-phrase that.  They may be able to tune with TTS, but not have it mastered as some others...
When I bought my Fullsac set up, Cams, header pipes and DX pipe.  Silver Eagle loaded the can tune, other than that
they had no experience in that software.  As not all of the same bikes run the same on a can tune, Jason at Faribault
tuned it to perfection.  I know when I was out at Metro 3 weeks ago getting a battery checked due to starting issues, we first check to see if the ACR's were enabled, being I have a built 120 installed.  They could check through the ECM, but not change anything due to I have the TTS.  Ended up being a battery anyway.

Interesting. I may have to find someone close to me to redyno it. The guy I bought it from had Metro do the work I thought, so figured they had experience with the TTS. Good info. Thanks.

Ride Safe
 JAck

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #1687 on: October 27, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »

Corrected the rear air shock E.D. issue and bought the pencil pump.  Upped the pressure to 38lbs.  Hopefully that will stop the bottoming out.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #1688 on: October 27, 2014, 02:54:48 PM »

Corrected the rear air shock E.D. issue and bought the pencil pump.  Upped the pressure to 38lbs.  Hopefully that will stop the bottoming out.

My experience with the HD rear air shock system is that the only way to stop the bottoming is to replace it with a quality performance coil spring shock. I have used both Works Performance and Bitubos from Traxxion. I am really likely the Bitubos I put on my 15 FLTRUSE. Suggest you look at the discussion session on suspension.

Good luck,
DH

ultrarider123

« Reply #1689 on: October 27, 2014, 03:06:41 PM »

My experience with the HD rear air shock system is that the only way to stop the bottoming is to replace it with a quality performance coil spring shock. I have used both Works Performance and Bitubos from Traxxion. I am really likely the Bitubos I put on my 15 FLTRUSE. Suggest you look at the discussion session on suspension.

Good luck,
DH

You beat me to it, Simon......

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #1690 on: October 27, 2014, 05:35:59 PM »

That may be the case in a bit but not right now.  I ended up taking the stock air shocks to 42 lbs.  I really can't believe how much that changed the handling.  I was really shocked to find that the dealer (or whoever) loaded it to 15lbs from the showroom.  When I saw that I thought it was a screw up.  Then I talked to a buddy that bought his 2 weeks after mine from a different dealer.  Found his was set the same.  If you read the guide that is set for like a 150lbs rider with no cargo and no passenger.  A bit of common sense would say they should be set higher than that as a base.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #1691 on: October 28, 2014, 09:24:49 AM »

Simon and Haird have it right.  I think the best use for HD air shocks is as an anchor for my Jetski.  Took about 6 pounds off the bike switching to Ohlins and now it rides right and does not bottom.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #1692 on: October 28, 2014, 09:40:45 AM »

I just realized that I never posted a picture after adding an air wing rack to the swinebox tourpack a while back. Well here is a picture but there is a stupid helmet strapped down to the rack in this picture. I will have to take some better pictures when I get back in from offshore.

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

• CVO1: '13 CVO Road King, 100th Anniv FLHRSE5
    • CVO2: '13 Camaro
    • CVO3: F250 Super Duty
« Reply #1693 on: October 30, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »

reinstalled the front lowers w/speakers... You think I would have done that BEFORE I rode to Daytona last week. It's All Good! They go on, they go off...From lifting the bike at start and putting the tools away at finish, I have it down to 12 minute swap.
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #1694 on: October 31, 2014, 12:20:09 PM »

rode around the block this morning, 100mi er so. A clear crisp morning to do so, it has now warmed up to 73.

Ride On

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 474

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.