Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyna for tall guys?  (Read 5930 times)

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
Dyna for tall guys?
« on: November 27, 2008, 12:08:09 PM »

I'm thinking about a Dyna (FXDWG3).  I've always liked the look of a Dyna, and always wanted a stripped down sporty Harley.

My thought is... grab a Dyna now & get back on 2 wheels, then maybe trade to an '09 CVO RG when that market cools a bit. 

What I DON'T know is how a Dyna works for tall guys.  I'm 6'2" with long legs, and don't want to look like spider legs on the thing.  What do you think?

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: Dyna for tall guys?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 12:10:44 PM »

a dyna with forward controls will suit u to a T

Buffy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Big Ugly Fat Friggin' Yankee

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Scarlett Red Wide Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR - Orange & Black
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 01:04:22 PM »

Go ahead and get the Kuryakyn extended forward controls (see below) and it moves the controls another 2 inches farther away.  I'm 5'11'' and it feels so much better.
John & his 2001 Screamin' Eagle FXDWG2               and              2007 FLTR "Ultra" Road Glide
------------------------------------------------------
It\'s Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood

RedFXR2

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »

Tell the truth, Buffy.  You've never ridden that bike, have you?  Look at that photo of yours.  There's not the first spec of dirt, the tiniest nick in the paint.  Nothing.  I don't even see a fingerprint or wax residue. :nixweiss:

It's at least obvious that "Buffy's Bike Wash" is now a full-service detail center.

Wanna wash and wax my bike? ::) ;D

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 11:12:39 AM »

Ah-ha, begs the question... why? 

I've always wanted 2 bikes in the garage (1 stripped down & 1 bagger), but every time I see someone who does it's the same story.  Always riding the bagger!!

Are we THAT OLD?!?!?!??!!!!  When you're young and can't afford it, you want it.  When you're old(er) and CAN afford it, you don't want it.  This is not fair.

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

Buffy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Big Ugly Fat Friggin' Yankee

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Scarlett Red Wide Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR - Orange & Black
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 04:23:41 PM »

Tell the truth, Buffy.  You've never ridden that bike, have you?  Look at that photo of yours.  There's not the first spec of dirt, the tiniest nick in the paint.  Nothing.  I don't even see a fingerprint or wax residue. :nixweiss:

It's at least obvious that "Buffy's Bike Wash" is now a full-service detail center.

Wanna wash and wax my bike? ::) ;D

Thanks for the compliment!  When I took the picture of the forward controls, I had 15,700 miles on it.  I now have over 30,000 and in fact, was documented in my local HOG Chapter's newsletter.

Yes, I like to keep a clean bike, but I have found out that once you get it clean, it is easier to keep it clean!

Thanks,
BUFFY
John & his 2001 Screamin' Eagle FXDWG2               and              2007 FLTR "Ultra" Road Glide
------------------------------------------------------
It\'s Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »

Ah-ha, begs the question... why? 

I've always wanted 2 bikes in the garage (1 stripped down & 1 bagger), but every time I see someone who does it's the same story.  Always riding the bagger!!

Are we THAT OLD?!?!?!??!!!!  When you're young and can't afford it, you want it.  When you're old(er) and CAN afford it, you don't want it.  This is not fair.

Absolutely NOT TRUE!!! My SERK3 is my trip bike. All other times I usually prefer riding one of my Street Bikes, especially here in NYC! A garbage Barge in NYC ain't the ideal 2-wheel vehicle here. Just ask Hogasm and Jock! :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.