Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What Comes in the Box?  (Read 4038 times)

Hound Dawg

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

What Comes in the Box?
« on: October 01, 2018, 01:28:21 PM »

I was wondering what comes with the 2019 CVO Limited.   Anyone know?

My 2012 CVO Ultra came with a golden key, an embroidered bike cover, head sets, luggage inserts for the tour pack and saddlebags etc...

Do they still do that stuff?

Thanx in advance,

HD
Riding since '82.  Harley's since '93
'94 Dyna Wide Glide
'97 Road King
'95 Softail Custom
'00 Road king
'03 Ultra
'07 Street Glide
'12 CVO Ultra
'18 Street Glide Special
'19 CVO Limited

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: What Comes in the Box?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 05:18:33 PM »

I don't know but if you can access the owners manual for the bike, maybe @ Harley-Davidson.com, you should be able to get the correct list. I have had to show this to dealer on my last two bikes before leaving when they were new. Both times some of the stuff had mysteriously been left on tech's bench.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 05:23:27 PM »

No gold key, they still include things like the garage door opener, headsets, etc.  Take a look at the attached pdf that lists all the loose parts Harley ships with the bike.  Some of them are installed by the dealership, some are provided directly to you when you pick up the new bike.  The owners manual will also have a list of all the extra items. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 04:17:15 PM »

My road glide came with bag inserts. Cover and 1 headset. And big fat payment book.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

Hound Dawg

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 03:07:24 PM »

Thanx y'all....

I'm mixed on the saddlebag liners....they take up so much room....only to cover the cables etc...   

I also was told that the bike auto locks when you walk away (versus hitting a button on the FOB).   Is this true?

Thanx again,

HD
Riding since '82.  Harley's since '93
'94 Dyna Wide Glide
'97 Road King
'95 Softail Custom
'00 Road king
'03 Ultra
'07 Street Glide
'12 CVO Ultra
'18 Street Glide Special
'19 CVO Limited

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 04:16:36 PM »

this is from the owner's manual:

as far as self-locking, the manual doesn't mention anything about that, so doubt it.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 07:37:29 AM »

My road glide came with bag inserts. Cover and 1 headset. And big fat payment book.
My '19 Road Glide did not come with a Rain Sock!   I thought that all open element bikes got them??

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 08:03:41 AM »

My '19 Road Glide did not come with a Rain Sock!   I thought that all open element bikes got them??

You were supposed to get one, go back and see your dealer. This is why it's a good idea for customers to do some research and have a list of items they can check off during the new vehicle delivery process.  I've seen reports from a lot of people over the years who did not get everything they were supposed to receive.  One even reported not getting the highway pegs the dealer is supposed to install, others have reported not getting the rain sock, the bag liners, the garage door opener receiver, even the cover for the bike.  Find the complete list in the owners manual and check off the items you received or were installed when you pick up the bike.

Jerry
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 08:09:34 AM by grc »

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 12:02:27 PM »

yep, if you didn't get it, and didn't ask for it, then it's a freebie for the tech....

same way on trade ins.  i left some (small, low dollar) stuff with my bike when i traded it in, met the guy who bought it, and sure enough, it wasn't on the bike when he bought it. the bad part about it though, one of the items was a saddle bag lid tether organizer.  well, one of em got that, but they could have at least given the dude a stock lid tether.  luckily, i still had mine from when i switched them out in the first place, so went ahead and gave them to him so his lids would have some kind of support.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 12:04:43 PM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 06:03:25 PM »

Thanx y'all....

I'm mixed on the saddlebag liners....they take up so much room....only to cover the cables etc...   

I also was told that the bike auto locks when you walk away (versus hitting a button on the FOB).   Is this true?

Thanx again,

HD
On my bike, the anti-theft system sets when you walk away with the fob, but it doesn't auto lock.

yep, if you didn't get it, and didn't ask for it, then it's a freebie for the tech....

same way on trade ins.  i left some (small, low dollar) stuff with my bike when i traded it in, met the guy who bought it, and sure enough, it wasn't on the bike when he bought it.

Same here for the guy who bought my trade-in RG.  Stealer (tech) took the KlockWerks w/s and the BushTec hitch, draw bar, and pin hitch with lock.  When he went back to the dealer, they said, "oh, we must have forgotten.  It's around here somewhere.  We'll find it for you."  Good thing the buyer didn't hold his breath:  "We couldn't find any of those things."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:12:55 PM by Para Bellum »
If you want peace, prepare for war.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 05:09:11 AM »

oh yeah i forgot i did get the sock. you should have gotten one too.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 04:42:01 PM »

I did not get the sock with my 19 Road Glide. Checked with my service writer and he checked and got back with me that it did not come with it.

I checked my manual and it does NOT list it.

I thought it should have come with it too which is how I found this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 07:27:43 PM »

I did not get the sock with my 19 Road Glide. Checked with my service writer and he checked and got back with me that it did not come with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harley obviously made a mistake.  The parts list for the 2019 CVO Limited and CVO Street Glide DO show one rain sock, the same list for the CVO Road Glide does NOT.  One might think that is because the LTD and SG come with a Ventilator air cleaner and the RG comes with a Heavy Breather, but if you look at any of the HB kits in the catalog they also come with a rain sock. 

Jerry

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:20:25 AM by grc »

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 07:12:29 AM »

Mine also did not come with a sock.    I thought that it should have also because my 2016 SG came with one but was told the same thing.    ‘19 Road Glides don’t come with a rain sock.  I double checked the owners manual and the Harley website and they agreed that they do not come with.

I guess you are not supposed to ride a CVO Road Glide in the rain!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 07:30:01 AM »

Mine also did not come with a sock.    I thought that it should have also because my 2016 SG came with one but was told the same thing.    ‘19 Road Glides don’t come with a rain sock.  I double checked the owners manual and the Harley website and they agreed that they do not come with.

I guess you are not supposed to ride a CVO Road Glide in the rain!

My wife will be happy to hear that! 😜     :drink:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.