Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?  (Read 11748 times)

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2010, 01:16:23 PM »

Well...lets see... I first saw a brand new orange ConV at the dealer in November '09 for MSRP and a used blue one with 171 miles on it for $5 under MSRP... I had time so I just kept stopping at the dealer throughout the winter/spring '10, talking to the same salesman each time and watched other bikes go but both of these sat. I still did not know much about the diffrent models and wanted to get a feel for HD and all as I haven't ridden for so long and came from a Honda V45 back in the day. The blue ones miles edged up a lil throughout. They said through demos and some folks at the dealer taking it out. By late June '10 I figured I was ready to start dealing and thought a ConV was a pipedream since the "boss" would think they were just too expensive! But being in banking and dealing with car and bike dealers she was in the know about the industry so she did not seem too shook when I started throwing numbers out...surprised me! Or she just accepted that I was going to get a bike and get back into it after 25+ years of family, sports, kids, etc.. and let me loose!
  So, long story made longer... I went in and rented a Heritage to see if I could still ride and if I still liked riding... 'lil (read LOTS) rusty but enjoyed the hell out of that day! (A few friends heard what I was up to and they 'volunteered' to ride with me and that REALLY helped!)  By the next couple weeks in early/mid July both bikes were still there so back at the dealer I talked to my salesman and roadtested 5 different bikes, they even bought us (my HD toting uncle and I) lunch since it was going to be an all day affair (my strategy) and I appeared to be ready to plunk down some ching.  So we got down to it and I had picked the blue ConV 'cause the miles were 421 and I liked the color better than the orange, AND I figured it was the best chance at negotiation.  The looming "next model year" introductions, the economy, my announcement I was paying cash (just lucky for me, I am NOT rich!) and the fact it sat there for soooo long I counted in my favor.... I had a flier from another HD dealer offering $1000 gift card for a purchase of a bike and I THINK the thousand could be applied to the bike so I mentioned this offhand and told him I would give him $24 flat for the bike which was refused after consultation with the Mgr.  We fiddled most of the afternoon and we came within $500 of what I had settled on as MY lowest number (which was above 24 but not by much). He said it was the best he could do so with "gentle prodding   :jack: from the wife and uncle I shook his hand and walked! I felt like s*#t being a spoiled ole' man and all! We talked about it ALL evening, all my loved ones guaranteed I would get a callback from the salesman, I was not soo sure..) and I even set-up an appointment with a competing dealer for the end of the week for the same model (only new).. Well I think it was two days later I get a call from the salesman in the PM asking if I was still interested in the deal WITH my $500 off and a $1000 giftcard that could be applied to the bike price!  I said I was and we finished the deal over the phone!  So when all was said and done I got the bike for $800 over my initial offer, out the door, dealer re-prep, taxes, title, etc included. Since it was slightly used I opted for a 2 year extended warranty and a lifetime service contract (a HD riding friends recommendation). I think they made some $$ back there but I was (and still am!) very happy with my experience!!   :apple:  :coolblue:  Please note.... your milage may vary....

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
Re: Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »

I picked my 2010 FLSTSE(Chrimson color) in Sept.9-2010 $25.000.00 out the door brand new from Blaine Harley in MN.
I could have waited until Dec. 2010 to put up 2010 FLSTSE2 at St. Croix Harley in WI. I didn't like the paint color they were getting in(Blue) and didn't like the mini ape bars.

Anyhow, I'm putting on a detatchable fairing from Dragonfly matched paint with stereo, gps, the works.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.