Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: CVO Limited change of color  (Read 9954 times)

FLHTCUSE7

CVO Limited change of color
« on: October 04, 2013, 02:08:09 PM »

So my dealer called and said they can get me a blue in a week if I want to switch from the Silver/brownish I have on order. The Silver is due end October, beginning December.

If I switch I can get a few thousand miles in before the snow in Mid November.

I like all three colors but never considered a blue version.

Would you switch?      :nixweiss:

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: CVO Limited change of color
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 02:11:54 PM »

IMO

Go with the color you want, don't settle for what you can get. You will own the bike for at least a couple of yrs, you can wait for what you want.

Like i said , jmho

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 02:27:59 PM »

I think my problem is that I really don't love any of the colors for 14, they are just okay

Xtreme Dimension

• Xtreme Dimension
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Custom Motorcycles
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 02:36:53 PM »

So my dealer called and said they can get me a blue in a week if I want to switch from the Silver/brownish I have on order. The Silver is due end October, beginning December.

Would you switch?      :nixweiss:

Just get it- get some riding in and I'll paint it which ever paint theme you wish!!! Ha-
Actally as much as I would love the work I would have to agree with not settle-  But always here if needed-
  Joe Z
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:41:09 PM by Xtreme Dimension »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 02:40:37 PM »

I think my problem is that I really don't love any of the colors for 14, they are just okay

Then why get anything right now?

Windix60

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 03:28:42 PM »

If you like the color and If Harley is still offering 2.9% interest for 5 yrs. if your going to finance do it before the interest rate goes up.

I was 3rd on the list for blue at my local dealer. Another dealer got a blue one in and I jumped on it so I could get the interest rate. The good rate suppose to end at the end of October.

My dealer said I was right for jumping on the bike since the interest was good and I might have to spring till they got the color I wanted. They couldn't even guarantee my color that far out.

Good luck on what decision you decide. I test rode 2014 silver one at 110 anniversary and really liked the silver but The wife loved the blue.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:31:29 PM by Windix60 »

KenK

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 04:01:57 PM »

If you like the color and If Harley is still offering 2.9% interest for 5 yrs. if your going to finance do it before the interest rate goes up.

I was 3rd on the list for blue at my local dealer. Another dealer got a blue one in and I jumped on it so I could get the interest rate. The good rate suppose to end at the end of October.

My dealer said I was right for jumping on the bike since the interest was good and I might have to spring till they got the color I wanted. They couldn't even guarantee my color that far out.

Good luck on what decision you decide. I test rode 2014 silver one at 110 anniversary and really liked the silver but The wife loved the blue.

I have a red CVO Limited on order..ship date 10-16 -just checked with the dealer and Yes that rate is good until the end of October  ;D...with good credit 8) 

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 04:50:58 PM »

Then why get anything right now?

Because I want a new toy  :2vrolijk_21:

If 2015 looks better I can always trade it

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »

Would you switch?      :nixweiss:
You're dropping 40k why settle. Wait for the color you really want. I saw the blue in person, didn't care for it and blue is my favorite color  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 06:10:20 PM »

He doesn't "really want" any of 'em.  :-\

Night as well get the first one you can get if you're indifferent to the color.  :nixweiss:

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 06:38:18 PM »

He doesn't "really want" any of 'em.  :-\

Night as well get the first one you can get if you're indifferent to the color.  :nixweiss:

I concur.....get some miles under yer butt before the snow flies!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 06:50:54 PM »

Colors for me has become more difficult yet easier.  The following is my perspective on my past color choices:

2010, We bought the Blue SESG, reminded me so much of my 2004 SEEG...but the Capt. Morgan colors were also calling me but the Blue gave me such good memories of the SEEG then Ironically, the Tequila is the one I've seen the least of so now I wish I had that color instead of the Blue!

2008, We bought the Duracell color SEUC.  Was a somewhat easy choice as it was the only one on the dealer floor when our 2006 SEUC broke down at the Sedona GTG and it was the Anniversary color scheme...if you asked me today, I could not tell you the other colors that year.

2006, We bought the Black/Gray SEUC, it was the color we wanted at the time and knew we wanted it and nothing else would do...but today, I find the Autumn haze a much nicer color scheme.

2004, We bought the Blue SEEG, my first true fairinged bagger....Blue being our favorite color it was going to be Blue and it had to be blue...But as I ride the roads, the Pumpkins of that year stand out to me and are just more vibrant and alive.

2003, I (Yes, in this case it was not a WE purchase) bought an SED...Anne and I saw it about two weeks before my BD.  I said to her if it is still on the floor in two weeks on my BD I was going to buy it when we could not get a S/B Anny Ultra.  Well, truth be told, that night I called the dealer and told them I would take it and will be back in two weeks (on my BD) to pay for it and pick it up.  Low and behold, it was still there on my BD  ;D and it is still in my Garage today.  That year there was only one color choice making the choice easy.

So what does this all mean?  Who knows but in the end I never regretted any of our color choices but in hindsight now I know I would have liked having the color(s) we didn't get in many cases.  Since I can't buy one of each color I have decided to get the first color available because in the end, I know I will end up coveting the other colors.

Bill
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:54:12 PM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 08:16:32 PM »

Took delivery of the blue bike. It is beautiful in my opinion. I did not expect it to look this good.

Crap, now I feel obligated to keep it clean to

Windix60

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 08:30:18 PM »

Cant go wrong with Blue  :) I have had mine for a month and in the sunshine the color pops ....  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 08:34:15 PM »

Took delivery of the blue bike. It is beautiful in my opinion. I did not expect it to look this good.

Crap, now I feel obligated to keep it clean to

Contrary to some -- the BLUE bikes are faster.

Saw a blue '14 CVO limited in the flesh at a PA dealer and it is sweet looking, only problem is no flames....which also will make the bike faster  :huepfenlol2:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

jaymedic44

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO limited silver/ autumn

• CVO1: 2009 Cvo ultra
    • CVO2: 2006 cvo ultra
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO limited
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 08:46:27 PM »

The silver is the color to have. If you see all 3 there will be no doubt in your mind. WAIT for the silver!!!
2014 CVO limited silver/autumn
2009 Cvo ULTRA 21 inch Pm wheels legend air ride progressive monotubs Fulsac exhaust
2006 Cvo ULTRA Autum Haze
2005 Heritage Softail World of wheels show bike
2004 Ultra Gold/Black
2003 Road King  Black/Silver
1999 Ultra Blue/Silver
1998 Road king Red/ Gold
1996 springer Custom
1974 Sportster

Bigfoot16

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic SE
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 09:19:51 PM »

I don't even like blue, but I've seen the new blue CVO and I really liked it.  I'm kinda waiting to see what the maroon looks like.  Not saying I'm getting rid of my '13.. just sayin...
[img] C:\Users\Steve\Pictures\dragon.png

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »

After seeing all three in person I went with blue. Silver is nice but the orange was more brown. Loved it on the website but not in real life.

Hade my blue for two weeks, it's in for 1,000 mile service tonight. Don't know about any heat issues since the temperature range I ridden in so far range from 32 to 44F

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 09:32:49 AM »

Contrary to some -- the BLUE bikes are faster.

Saw a blue '14 CVO limited in the flesh at a PA dealer and it is sweet looking, only problem is no flames....which also will make the bike faster  :huepfenlol2:
I agree Blue is faster especially with Jim instead of 110HD. The longer I hang on to my 07 the less of them I see. I know for most they couldn't run away from an 07 fast enough.

Road Runner

• A smooth road and good weather - "Priceless!"

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE, CVO Limited
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 10:59:09 AM »

Decided to trade my silver 2013 FLHTCUSE8 the second I saw the 2014 Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon model, and I am so glad I did!  :huepfenjump3:

Besides the bike being absolutely stunning out in the sun, it evokes a definite "emotional response" of WOW! versus the silver whch was - as my wife put it... "nice"  :confused5:

I like the blue one, but for me... the red one was worth the wait and the trade.

No matter the color... Ride safe and enjoy!  :orange: :bananarock: :mango:
2014 FLHTKSE, Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon
2013 FLHTCUSE8, Stardust Silver / Dark Slate / Titanium Dust with Thunderblade Graphics (trade-in)
2010 FLHTK, Ultra Limited, Light/Dark Candy Root Beer (trade-in)

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 11:01:46 AM »

I agree, any color goes, and if I wanted fast I would buy Japanese  :huepfenlol2: (Or German)
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 24 queries.