Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 CVO Electra Glide questions...........  (Read 1101 times)

wideglidejoe

• Full CVO Member
2011 CVO Electra Glide questions...........
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:33:42 PM »

OK, I've got ~500 miles on our 2011 CVO Electra Glide SE6, or whatever its called, since I picked it up last Friday!  I'm happy with everything except the heat from the cat and the exhaust note.  I'm happy with the performance of the SE 110, as I've still got my '05 Wide Glide for my "around town hot rod".  It has more hp and about the same torque as the 110, on a bike that is 250 lbs lighter, so I won't be doing any engine mods to the 110.

However, I would like to get rid of the cat AND make it sound like a Harley should.  For some background info, my Wide Glide has V&H Big Shots w/baffles replaced with Big City Thunder Monster baffles.  10.5:1 cr, big heads, S&S 585 cams, HD Race Tuner, dyno tuned, etc., make it bark pretty good.  I think it sounds great, but I don't want the CVO EG to be as loud as the WG.  I want a mellow, bass sound fitting for a touring bike. 

1) I'm considering a Jackpot or Fullsac X-pipe to get rid of the cat and its associated heat and backpressure.

2) I like the looks of the CVO slip-ons, if I could only get the sound I want.  Are there any mods you can do to the CVO slip-ons to remove the baffles and install another brand of baffles that sound better?

3) Assuming I install a new X-pipe w/o cat and less restrictive baffles in my slip-ons, I'm assuming the fuel needs to be richened up; (a) to eliminate the factory lean condition req'd to meet EPA regs, and (b) to compensate for more air flow w/o cat and better flowing slip-ons.  I'd prefer not to need to do dyno time, so is there a HD Stage 1 or 2 download that will compensate for the changes I've outlined?

thanks in advance for your feedback,
Joe
2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
2005 Wide Glide
1962 Mustang Bronco Scooter
1972 Indian (Italjet 50cc) minibike
1965 AC Cobra replica
1955 Chevy Bel Air

beechflyr

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: Flhtcuse6
Re: 2011 CVO Electra Glide questions...........
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »

Many threads on this. Xpipe, 2.0 cores in the stock muffler cans, TTS, all from fullsac with the canned map. Worked for me and my friend ( mines red, his is blue). Looks stock but heat is just about all gone, it sounds like a Harley though not too loud, and performs like a completely different machine. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:23:08 PM »

X 2    Excellent set up

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »

Many threads on this. Xpipe, 2.0 cores in the stock muffler cans, TTS, all from fullsac with the canned map. Worked for me and my friend ( mines red, his is blue). Looks stock but heat is just about all gone, it sounds like a Harley though not too loud, and performs like a completely different machine. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Do this setup and you won't be disappointed!

wideglidejoe

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 08:03:21 PM »

thanks to all for your replies!!  Sounds like Fullsac is the way to go.  I've talked to them, and I'll be getting back to them soon, but it will be after I drop a chunk of change to the State of Oklahoma for my tag.  I'll be using their X-pipe B, 2" baffles and their tuner download. 

thanks again,
Joe
2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
2005 Wide Glide
1962 Mustang Bronco Scooter
1972 Indian (Italjet 50cc) minibike
1965 AC Cobra replica
1955 Chevy Bel Air

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.