Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Raced a custom chopper yesterday!  (Read 2377 times)

WYD OPN

• FULL THROTTLE ONLY
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: LINE-BUILT 17>14:FLHTKSE 17:FLHXSE•FXSE/PS 16:FLTRUSE•FLHXSE•FXSE/PS 15:FLTRUSE•FLHXSE•FLSTNSE 14:FLHRSE•FLSTNSE•FXSBSE 13>10:FLHTCUSE 13:FLTRXSE•FLHRSE•FXSBSE 12:FLTRXSE•FLHXSE•FLSTSE 11:FLTRUSE•FLHXSE•FLSTSE 10:FLHXSE•FLSTSE•FXDFSE
    • CVO2: TEAM-BUILT 09>06:FLHTCUSE 09:FLTRSE•FXSTSSE•FXDFSE 08:FLHRSE•FXSTSSE•FXDSE 07:FLHRSE•FXSTSSE•FXDSE 06:FLSTFSE•VRSCSE•VRXSE 05:FLHTCSE•FLSTFSE•VRSCSE 04:FLHTCSE•FXSTDSE 03:FLHRSEI•FXSTDSE 02:FLHRSEI•FXDWG 01:FLTRSEI•FXDWG 00:FLTRSEI•FXR4/2 99:FXR3/2•FXR2/2
Re: Raced a custom chopper yesterday!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 12:41:06 PM »

I really don't know of any good Harley dealers as far as motor work in our part of the country??  At least no dealer has a stellar reputation that I'm aware of.  I think most send there heads out to be ported etc and just do tear down and assembly.  

When I did my 98" kit on my Ultra I bought the kit from GMR and installed it myself.

What we need is a Don Hotop kind of guy that works in a Harley shop.  That's basically what the dealer in Maryland has.

I like to find a combo that is proven and copy it, no sense trying to re-invent the wheel.

Out of curiosity, are you sure those are the stock pistons?  At 10:1, they're not the stock conpression.  Those are stout numbers, no doubt; and would reflect the possibility of upgraded pistons.  Maybe it's the headwork and tuning.

All my 110s have the H-D upgrade kit with hi-comp pistons, 259E cams, etc., and run V&Hs with AN Big Sucker.  I get 111-115hp and 114-119tq across the board.

In any case, that Woods TW-9B is an incredible cam I may have to try.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:43:07 PM by WYD OPN »

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
Re: Raced a custom chopper yesterday!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »

I talked to the engine builder and he confirmed stock pistons.  For lack of a better term they decked the heads to raise compression.

I have seen another dyno chart from a different bike with this combo from the same engine builder and the HP numbers are identical but the TQ number was a tad higher because of a different slip on pipe.

Here is a link to the thread about the other bike.  By the way my bike belonged to this guy's business partner.  Evidently they both decided to do the exact same build, just with different slip ons.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=57676.0;all

2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
D&D FatCat Performance Baffle
Thundermax
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.