Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: 2019 cvo sumping  (Read 32269 times)

fast96

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Mako Shark
Re: 2019 cvo sumping
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2019, 01:06:41 PM »

Dave thank for your input. After much thought and a lot of research I am going to take delivery of the bike. I am also going to leave it stock for a few months and most likely won't put very many miles on it. After I break 1K I am going to pull the motor apart and do a mild build with S&S parts. I might even take it to 124 or 131 CI. I liked the Road Glide when I rode it but I like the protection from the elements better on my Limited. Looking forward to finally buying an M8.

Be Safe
I have the same bike and it just turned 1K yesterday and i have all had 0 issues! 128 parts from S&S coming will post when it is done! CH

THE DAWG
Any day Racin or Ridin is better than workin!

Tobias7000

• Burgundy Sun Glow Fade
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OR

• CVO1: 2018 Limited - Burgundy Sun Glow Fade
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2019, 05:54:26 PM »

Dave thank for your input. After much thought and a lot of research I am going to take delivery of the bike. I am also going to leave it stock for a few months and most likely won't put very many miles on it. After I break 1K I am going to pull the motor apart and do a mild build with S&S parts. I might even take it to 124 or 131 CI. I liked the Road Glide when I rode it but I like the protection from the elements better on my Limited. Looking forward to finally buying an M8.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Agree with your choice.  After all the concern I've held about my purchase, my 2018 CVO limited is at 10k miles since last July and I'm happy with the power, comfort, ride, and looks.  I've had a few sumping episodes, but once I read the articles on the topic in American Iron I've learned I can avoid sumping and still enjoy a great ride.  I'll stay stock until the warranty is over, however.  Just in case.
Tobias
==============
No mods yet to my new 2018 CVO

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2019, 05:45:15 PM »

I agree.

My first M8, I’m now on #5, sumped after the stage 3 was installed.  My dealer bought it back.  They changed the oil pump and sold it to some other guy.  None of my other M8’s have sumped, but only one of those did I go inside of.  On the 2018 Road Glide, I did a cam, pipe, air cleaner, and tune.  Installed by me and tuned by my dealer.  My current M8, I believe it’s transfering transmission fluid.  Tomorrow my new clutch rod arrives and that will taken care of.

Honestly, I don’t have to justify squat to anyone, and I won’t.  I’m just reporting what I find.
Just read this thread and seeing your transmission oil migration say a new clutch rod will fix the problem, just asking is that a harley part or aftermarket and if so do you know the part number. I have the same problem on my 19 CVO Ultra and would love to resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2019, 07:54:28 PM »

Just read this thread and seeing your transmission oil migration say a new clutch rod will fix the problem, just asking is that a harley part or aftermarket and if so do you know the part number. I have the same problem on my 19 CVO Ultra and would love to resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Gary

I put the larger, aftermarket push rod in mine.  I had surgery to repair an herniated internal part of a disc and external part of a disc (on the same disc).  So, I only put about 100 miles on it, prior to the surgery.  I expect to be riding next week...

Chris
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2019, 05:12:54 AM »

I put the larger, aftermarket push rod in mine.  I had surgery to repair an herniated internal part of a disc and external part of a disc (on the same disc).  So, I only put about 100 miles on it, prior to the surgery.  I expect to be riding next week...

Chris
Sorry to hear about your herniated disc, hope you have a speedy recovery. Where would I find a larger push rod and who makes it?
Gary

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2019, 03:19:03 PM »

Where would I find a larger push rod and who makes it?
Gary

https://www.facebook.com/groups/566029816933140/permalink/1037490579787059/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

CQ Harley Rider

• CVO1: 2019 CVO Street Glide
    • viykor.com - Travel, food, urban farming and other hobbies.
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2019, 03:15:50 AM »

My 2019 CVO SG sumped today, currently waiting for the report from the dealer on what is going on.
Current - 2019 117ci CVO Stree Glide
Gonski - 2018 114ci Fat Bob - 2016 FLTRUSE CVO Road Glide Ultra - 2014 FLHTK Ultra Limited - 2010 FLSTC Heritage Softail

CJ CYCLE

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE CVO ROAD GLIDE
    • CJ CYCLE
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2019, 10:00:40 AM »

Bob, I have almost the exact same story including having another bike with a 124 in it. As we speak the 19 Roadglide they gave me to replace the 17 Streetglide that sumped 3 times is at the shop now while they try and replicate my sumping as well. insanely frustrating..

Are you guys letting your bike idle on the jiffy stand for a long period of time for warm up. Just curious?

CHOPS

14 CVO King

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2019, 04:06:26 PM »

Are you guys letting your bike idle on the jiffy stand for a long period of time for warm up. Just curious?

I let mine worm up on the jiffy, then back it out of the garage idling and have not had a problem.  I do shut it down standing up and let idle for about 30 second prior to shut down.  It takes me a bit to get out of the garage, maneuvering around the cars so I figure it is plenty of time for the oil to catch back up.

CQ Harley Rider

• CVO1: 2019 CVO Street Glide
    • viykor.com - Travel, food, urban farming and other hobbies.
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2019, 11:59:06 PM »

HDAU and the dealer got back to me. I'm getting a replacement engine shipped from the USA to Australia.

Happy with that outcome, now to see if they cover car hire and motel costs so the missus and u can get home.

Current - 2019 117ci CVO Stree Glide
Gonski - 2018 114ci Fat Bob - 2016 FLTRUSE CVO Road Glide Ultra - 2014 FLHTK Ultra Limited - 2010 FLSTC Heritage Softail

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2019, 12:13:45 AM »

I let mine worm up on the jiffy, then back it out of the garage idling and have not had a problem.  I do shut it down standing up and let idle for about 30 second prior to shut down.  It takes me a bit to get out of the garage, maneuvering around the cars so I figure it is plenty of time for the oil to catch back up.
always
Alan

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »

Seriously?

I hope you are not thinking your left foot down, tongue out, AND to the right, blip the throttle 4 times, pinch butt cheeks technique before warm up or shut down is the cure to sumping.

We all know that oil sumping is caused by having too much air pressure in your rear shocks.  Too much air in the rear shocks causes  a forward center of gravity and that results in the oil being pushed forward in the pan.  Also it is suspected, that this really is only a problem if you are a "heavy brake user".
I never use heavy braking! 

« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 01:37:38 PM by guppytrash »

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2019, 12:59:10 PM »

Seriously?

I hope you are not thinking your left foot down, tongue out, AND to the right, blip the throttle 4 times, pinch butt cheeks technique before warm up or shut down is the cure to sumping.

We all know that oil sumping is caused by having to much air pressure in your rear shocks.  Too much air in the rear shocks causes  a forward center of gravity and that results in the oil being pushed forward in the pan.  Also it is suspected, that this really is only a problem if you are a "heavy brake user".

Local dealer has said some of the oil issues MAY be caused from too high RPM, too Low RPM, to much “lugging” improper shifting/riding style, too heavy of a load (sorry honey) moon to close to the earth, pick your own excuse.
Funny thing is none of my older bikes had ANY of these issues. My riding style if nothing else is way more conservative than 20 yrs ago.
Hmmmmm.......maybe THATS the answer!
 8)

HOGMIKE

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2019, 01:02:54 PM »

Seriously?

We all know that oil sumping is caused by having to much air pressure in your rear shocks.  Too much air in the rear shocks causes  a forward center of gravity and that results in the oil being pushed forward in the pan.  Also it is suspected, that this really is only a problem if you are a "heavy brake user".

I thought this was only with a tailwind?   :nixweiss:

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2019, 01:18:51 PM »

I thought this was only with a tailwind?   :nixweiss:
Specifically, a tailwind blowing towards Milwaukee.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.