Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08 Softail SE2  (Read 1712 times)

Pagoda64

08 Softail SE2
« on: February 17, 2008, 01:47:17 PM »

Just got my Springer.. Took it out Friday night and went well. Saturday, took it out again and loved it. Had some work done to it and it moves. Cams, rods, pistons, pipes and tuner. Had an 883 8 years ago. First time on a big bike with crazy power. My complaint was when I took it out on the interstate. 60-65mph, was easy for the bike. For me, helmet was loss and felt like it was pulling me off.. It is a DOT carbon fiber 1/2 helmet. The wind was not blowing, but at 60mph, I was getting blown. Any suggestions or thoughts? Thinking windshield for high speed. Don't want to loss the look. Thinking helmet change for high speed..

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: 08 Softail SE2
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »

Just got my Springer.. Took it out Friday night and went well. Saturday, took it out again and loved it. Had some work done to it and it moves. Cams, rods, pistons, pipes and tuner. Had an 883 8 years ago. First time on a big bike with crazy power. My complaint was when I took it out on the interstate. 60-65mph, was easy for the bike. For me, helmet was loss and felt like it was pulling me off.. It is a DOT carbon fiber 1/2 helmet. The wind was not blowing, but at 60mph, I was getting blown. Any suggestions or thoughts? Thinking windshield for high speed. Don't want to loss the look. Thinking helmet change for high speed..

Happens the same to me.....I have the detachable windshield but I don't use for the looks but for sure I will use for long rides......BTW, congrats for the new bike.....

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:45:48 AM »

I've got an '08 Springer.  Put on the 14" Windvest detachable windshield.  Made all the difference.  (www.windvest.com

Love my bike.  It's a great ride. 

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 09:02:25 AM »

Can't ride highway speeds without my RF 1000. Wind tunnel designed and super comfortable.

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:10:50 PM »

what dyno numbers did you get with that setup?

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.