Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Looking for you guys with 08 SE Springers in BLACK!!  (Read 6498 times)

CVODreamer

Re: Looking for you guys with 08 SE Springers in BLACK!!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 01:55:53 AM »

My story: Been riding muscle / sport bikes for 20 years. Rode my Mom's 96 Dyna Low Rider in 2002. Loved it. Shopped Harley's for 5 years and found a 06 CVO V-Rod. Nice ride but the "purchase timing" wasn't right and the bike was sold to a coworkers friend. A blessing in disguise, since the coworker said my local dealer, Route 43 HD, had this beautiful Orange Springer. We went over to the dealer and I immediately stated this was the bike I had been waiting for.  Once again, "purchase timing" wasn't right and I had to wait. XMAS 2007 rolls around and I go to RT 43 to buy her and find out she was sold 1 week prior to a guy who drove from South Dakota to purchase. RT 43 says they have a line on a Black Springer. I go to IL to look @ one and view it as the most beautiful HD I've ever seen. I immediately contacted Chad @ RT 43 and bought the Black Springer. I took delivery on Apr 4 and have been loving her EVERY MINUTE!!! Everybody who has seen it has been nothing but complimentary. Even the performance cagers have been complimenting the muscular stance, the 200 wide tire and the awesome paint job. IMHO this is the bike that epitomizes HD. Beautiful lines, powerful motor, springer, and if it's not chrome, it's Black!! Will it outrun my ZX-7?? No, but someday!!!!!!!!!! I'm enjoying the HD life.
Adopt a Greyhound. Everything else is SLOW!!

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 04:31:21 PM »

Dreamer...welcome to the site and since you don't know the drill yet...

:worthless: :worthless:

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

garwood94

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 07:06:01 PM »

OK, Havoc, you talked me into it.  I put the Big Radius pipes on and just to prove my bike is black (and not Clemson orange) a picture is included.

SMOKIN' JACKET

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 09:51:46 PM »

I know- worthless without pics.  I just got my new black springer.  I got it on Easter Sunday.  I traded my 98 sportster..  I had never considered a Springer.  I wanted a dyna.  I didn't even know anything about a CVO.  I just saw the beautiful bike in the front of the store and loved the chrome contrast with the exquisite black, bronze-ish paint colors.  It fit me perfectly.  Just the right heighth. 

The reach on the handlebars is about 1-2 inches too far, but it is impossible to get new bars without going through a lot of trouble and expense.  I am going to try a different seat.  It may make enough of a difference.

I skipped the saddlebags.  Opted for the luggage rack and medium height passenger pillion/backrest.  Got wonderful little chrome bolt covers for 90% of the bike.  I still need some on the center of the handlebars. 

Now, I need a set of slip-ons or new exhaust.  I hate to spend the money for a new exhaust system and the power commander software and all of that stuff.  Especially because a large part of the expense was related to the exhaust that it came with.    I can't find Vance & Hines slip-ons that have the same slash-down looks that the bike already has.  I don't want perfectly straight slip ons.

Do I just get an entirely new exhaust system so I can have a deep, rich sound?  What kind?

All of the guys are jealous of the bike.  I didn't get it because of the 110.  Didn't even know what that meant.  I just thought it was pretty and now I have tremendous torque and the smoothest shifting and a solid feel.  What a difference from my sportster!

Marie
Smokin' Jacket (wanna know why?)
2008 Screamin' Eagle Springer

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 09:57:26 PM »

I know- worthless without pics.  I just got my new black springer.  I got it on Easter Sunday.  I traded my 98 sportster..  I had never considered a Springer.  I wanted a dyna.  I didn't even know anything about a CVO.  I just saw the beautiful bike in the front of the store and loved the chrome contrast with the exquisite black, bronze-ish paint colors.  It fit me perfectly.  Just the right heighth. 

The reach on the handlebars is about 1-2 inches too far, but it is impossible to get new bars without going through a lot of trouble and expense.  I am going to try a different seat.  It may make enough of a difference.

I skipped the saddlebags.  Opted for the luggage rack and medium height passenger pillion/backrest.  Got wonderful little chrome bolt covers for 90% of the bike.  I still need some on the center of the handlebars. 

Now, I need a set of slip-ons or new exhaust.  I hate to spend the money for a new exhaust system and the power commander software and all of that stuff.  Especially because a large part of the expense was related to the exhaust that it came with.    I can't find Vance & Hines slip-ons that have the same slash-down looks that the bike already has.  I don't want perfectly straight slip ons.

Do I just get an entirely new exhaust system so I can have a deep, rich sound?  What kind?

All of the guys are jealous of the bike.  I didn't get it because of the 110.  Didn't even know what that meant.  I just thought it was pretty and now I have tremendous torque and the smoothest shifting and a solid feel.  What a difference from my sportster!

Marie

Marie,
Welcome to the site glad to have you join us, and congrats on the new scooter. When you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SMOKIN' JACKET

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 09:58:25 PM »

oh yeah, and an engine guard, too.  I don't really like the looks, but thought it was necessary to protect the paint, if, or when, I drop it.  Also waiting for a windshield.  Don't like them either, but it is necessary.  Waiting for a smoke colored Windvest- either a 10 or a 14 inch.  Not sure.

Help!!  Exhaust, windshield size, handlebars, seat suggestions.  Actually, I can pretty much live with the handlebars.  I just have to lean forward a little bit more than I would like.

garwood94

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 08:00:36 AM »

Marie, you can take the baffles out (which will be loud!) or install the Big Radius (much better sound quality) like I did on the picture above your post.  Another popular option is the V&H staggered long shots, which moves the sound to the rear a little - either way, no tuning is required.  Your bike came with a high flow breather and performance setup so it's ready to go!  After I installed the Big Radius V&H pipes, I can tell that it is still running just rich enough that I have a little excess gas in the pipes and they pop and crackle when I let off, which is perfect.  If it runs too lean, you could burn a piston or valve...  Happy Trails!

By the way, I agree that the handlebars are an inch or so too forward and I may look into Wild1 bars when I can take it off the road for a few days... :cucumber:

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 08:27:01 AM »

Marie

Marie,

I put Rush slip on's on mine. (got the 2.25" baffles)
They have the same slash down as the stock exhaust and sound deeper than any V&H exhaust that I have ever heard!
I have 1 friend with V&H big shot staggards and another with the Big Radius, mine ghas a deeper tone than both of them.

and the rush slip on are cheaper than a full exhaust, mine cost me around $240.00 shipped.

also, I changed my seat to a mustang vintage seat, it moved me forward about a inch, and helped with the reach.....

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 08:41:27 AM by Deuce Bigelow »
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

SMOKIN' JACKET

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 10:48:48 PM »

Thanks!  Your bike is beautiful and I really like the look of the pipes.  You may have just saved me a fortune.  I was getting pretty desperate.  Did you order the Mustang seat without testing it?  Does it just go on in place of the stock seat, or do you need to make further modifications to the sissy bar, etc.  I have the same set-up as you.  I have the luggage rack on the bob-tail, too.

Marie
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:57:42 PM by Marie »

SMOKIN' JACKET

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 10:51:57 PM »

Garwood,

I also love the look of your bike.  Did you have to have it re-mapped?  Did you replace your entire exhaust?  As far as the handlebars go, will you need to get longer cables and all of that?  How much more of a reach will you gain by using the Wild one bars?  What happens if you don't like the new bars after they do all of that work?  Could be a nightmare.  Sounds like something I would do, though.  If I don't like something, I can't live with it.  :nixweiss:

And, I don't really like that air filter sticking out.  I was going to cover it with the sock, but I don't like that cartoon eagle on the sock.  Sort of over-branded. 

I like the look of the Orange 07 above.  Nice smooth surface where the air filter is.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:10:55 PM by Marie »

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 10:09:02 AM »

Thanks!  Your bike is beautiful and I really like the look of the pipes.  You may have just saved me a fortune.  I was getting pretty desperate.  Did you order the Mustang seat without testing it?  Does it just go on in place of the stock seat, or do you need to make further modifications to the sissy bar, etc.  I have the same set-up as you.  I have the luggage rack on the bob-tail, too.

Marie

I had a Mustang seat on my '06 Deuce, so I already knew how it would feel....
No modifications are needed, just put it on.
do you also have the Softail custom sissy bar on yours?

as for the exhaust, the bike is already running too lean from the factory, wether you install rush slip on's OR get a full exhaust system you WILL need to get some sort of remap, wether it's a SERT, PCIII, Fuelpak, or like I have, a Thundermax ECM, you need something to richen up the mixture.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 10:13:30 AM by Deuce Bigelow »
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

CVODreamer

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 12:40:48 AM »

Dreamer...welcome to the site and since you don't know the drill yet...

:worthless: :worthless:

Seegarz

I'm sorry Seegarz. Since this is the Black Diamond Springer thread, I figured we all know what the bike looks like!!! I'll post my stock photos after my 2 week military drill. Till then, enjoy the ride. :)

Adopt a Greyhound. Everything else is SLOW!!

SMOKIN' JACKET

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 12:43:07 AM »

Why would the factory build something that was too lean to begin with?  What does that mean?  How does rich feel, versus lean?

Yes, I got the sissy bar and the pillion and pad and the little luggage rack.  I don't like saddlebags.  I can always send my clothes UPS and travel light!  I also have the engine guards.  I would like to remove them, even though they are new, because I want to look cool. But, the reality is that I am not cool, and I would probably drop it. 

You should have seen me the day that I got pinned against my garage door and couldn't lift the bike off of me.  I saw a UPS guy coming down the street and flagged him down.  He got me upright again.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »

I'm sorry Seegarz. Since this is the Black Diamond Springer thread, I figured we all know what the bike looks like!!! I'll post my stock photos after my 2 week military drill. Till then, enjoy the ride. :)

Well then sit your arse on the bike and then have someone else take the pic then it will be one-uv-a-kind.  Good luck with the drill.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 02:00:02 PM »

dont get 2 bitchy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 21 queries.