Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08 Bent frame Springer  (Read 2792 times)

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
08 Bent frame Springer
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »

My buddy 08 springer has been in the shop for over 30 days to have the bent FRAME replaced , along with another one on the lift next to his.  He got an intresting call today from his dealer parts dept. to inform him that the paint was in he ordered.  He did not order any paint the shop ordered the paint so they can bring  in a painter to fix the frame that the tech messed up during reassemble..... what a joke   

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: 08 Bent frame Springer
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:33:30 PM »

Doesn't sound good.  My 05 looks better all the time.  Sorry for your friend.  Hope it all works out for him.

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 05:50:56 PM »

Details on the bent frame please. Heard of a couple swing arm issues,but not the frame

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 07:51:44 PM »

Yes some dealers are saying its the swingarm but after 2 swingarms they figured out that it is the bent frame  This is the third one with swingarms bent frame issues..... that I have heard of...

springerdude

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2 Inferno Orange
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »

mine was the swingarm, had it replaced, problem fixed. sorry to hear about your buddy, not an easy fix.  :oops:  :nixweiss:

havoc

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »

What were the problems that led people to think of a bent swingarm or frame?  I guess I'm asking what were some of the symptoms the bike was having to make one wonder WTF might be going on with my bike?

springerdude

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2 Inferno Orange
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 04:26:19 PM »

havoc,

I noticed a noise from day one, coming from the rear, everytime I went over a bump. Checked if anything loose but nothing. After a 100 miles or so the noise was going away. When I was cleaning the bike I noticed there was paint rubbin off my swingarm on upper right side it.

What I noticed between the old swingarm and the new one was the arms on the right side were welded to close to the outer edge by very little (were talking thousandths of an inch here, not much) of the pivot plates. So it was enough to rub on frame when swingarm pivoted over a bump.

So if no noise occuring or no paint being rubbed off I'd say your good to go.

:2vrolijk_21:

KCBlackSheep

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 03:42:07 AM »

A Bike costing this much shouldn't have any of these problems with frame or engines.Could you imagine buying a Lamborghini only to find in 1st 1000 miles the frame is bent or engine is leaking oil with blown head gaskets? :-\

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 09:45:30 PM »

My buddy 08 springer has been in the shop for over 30 days to have the bent FRAME replaced , along with another one on the lift next to his.  He got an intresting call today from his dealer parts dept. to inform him that the paint was in he ordered.  He did not order any paint the shop ordered the paint so they can bring  in a painter to fix the frame that the tech messed up during reassemble..... what a joke   

The MOCO cut a check today for my buddy springer they also gave him 2000$ bucks for his upgrades   :o :o :o

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.