CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Big Radius popping

(1/7) > >>

tunedse2:
Has anyone had V&H Big Radius race tuned, and if so did the popping on decel lessen or go away
after the tune was done?

SPIDERMAN:
Brand and make are not the key to this. The popping is caused by cold air rushing back up the pipe when you let off the throttle. It is not as bad on a two into one system as a two into two and certainly the worst is the stock head pipes with crossover. There is no way to "tune" this out of any exhaust system. It is simply a factor of the reversion effect of cold air hitting warm exhaust gases in the pipes. If it annoys you, you can lessen it by avoiding rapid deceleration and excessive downshifting. Other than that, don't worry about it.

BLM777:

--- Quote ---Has anyone had V&H Big Radius race tuned, and if so did the popping on decel lessen or go away
after the tune was done?
--- End quote ---

With the dyno numbers that you're reporting in your profile, it's likely that you are experiencing an "over-lean" situation.  If the bike has not been on the dyno since you installed the Big Radius pipes it would be worthwhile to run it with a close eye on the AF mixture.  My bet would be with the change in pipes that you are somewhere around 14.5 or higher at low RPM's and 16 or so in the high mid to top range to have the popping occur after exhaust change.  It takes very little to significantly change the AF on these motors.  Too lean = higher dyno numbers, overheating and burned valves.  

SPIDERMAN:
[highlight]popping on decel lessen[/highlight]

nuff said

tunedse2:
I just got off the phone with V&H tech support who basicly said the HD race tuner is worthless
with their pipes.. and that I should buy either a Power Commander or their fuel Pak system.
They claim their system will run perfect... Here we go again..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version