CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Harley to discontinue the Screamin Eagle Exhaust

(1/8) > >>

BadAss2:
Was at the local Harley dealer yesterday and was told that at their last dealer meeting 2 weeks ago, that Harley announced due to the EPA regulations restricting engine modifications, that Harley will discontinue the Screamin Eagle exhaust product line. Can anyone confirm this?

Trippin:
hello my name is trippin

SPIDERMAN:
The general manager of San Diego H-D told me the same thing two weeks ago.He said a bunch dealers are putting in large orders for the SE Exhausts and stockpiling them. He also said he wouldn't be ordering any more than what his customers wanted.  

Big B

fatboyse2:
The situation with G-man narrowing more and more our ability to differentiate our rides and express our individuality is just incredible.  Read http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1136645133
it covers where the EPA is heading and how truely helpful the moco is being in giving them everything they want.  If HD stops selling SE pipes, then SE other performance parts are definately next. A lot of inovation from smaller companies will be lost since they cannot keep up with the cost and complexity that epa "approved" drive train parts will require.  We'll have a ten year gap (remember the late 70s and 80s for cars) before new "approved" technology truely emerges into the motorcycle parts availability list.  This just pisses me off >:(

BobD:
We all need to keep in mind these regs have been in place for the auto industry for a long time - even before the Clean Air Act of 1979 that's got our industry in its cross hairs now. Yeah, the MoCo probably won't be in the aftermarket exhaust business any longer. Will it keep others out or prevent us from installing our signature systems? Probably not. It sure hasn't in the auto business where engine, exhaust and driveline alterations are commonplace. The EPA out of practicality usually limits its enforcement to gross abuse cases. [smiley=stop.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version