CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Harley to discontinue the Screamin Eagle Exhaust

<< < (8/8)

grc:

--- Quote ---
[highlight]I think the EPA is only concerned with emissions[/highlight].
--- End quote ---

RedFXR2:

--- Quote ---Actually, noise is also considered to be environmental pollution, and falls within the purview of the Environmental Protection Agency.
--- End quote ---

BobD:
The EPA is charged with bringing conformity and compliance across all vehicle manufactures whether they build motor boats, farm tractors, pickup trucks or motorcycles. Your legislators have charged them with this responsibility by legislation they created on our behalf. If we don't like it, we need to address it with our representatives and at the polls.
I'd also ask everyone to think back to the early days of catalytic converters on cars and trucks. The rumors on the street had us all in fear we'd never be able to trade or sell a vehicle without a functioning catalytic converter. Well, I've traded in several without the device over the years and never suffered loss of value or faced a fine. Motorcycles will be no different. Now the wise guy running straight pipes and raisin' hell on the streets will still face a noise ordnance citation but that's no different than it is today.
  8-)

RJ749:
It was said earlier here, the guys with the trouble will be the ones that need to get an emissions sticker to renew license plates in the states that require it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version