CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

How to identify correct pipes

(1/1)

bgregston:
James,
I need to know how to verify that I received the correct pipes. It's my understanding that the pipes for a FLHTCUSE is different than an FLTHCUI.
I have an 06 FLHTCUSE. I decided to go with the Freedom pipes, Zippers Thunderbird AC and a SERT. I had my 1K service scheduled and in conjunction wanted to have the new parts and dyno done. I put the pipes on the night before and noticed that the brake pedal was hitting the header. I wasn't able to adjust it to where it fit. I took the bike in to the HD dealer the next day and asked them to try and adjust the pipe so it wouldn't hit the pedal.
  Today I found out that they weren't able to adjust it to where there was no contact either. Unfortunatly they tried to contact me to discuss what I wanted to do but were only able to leave a voicemail and decided to proceed with the dyno tune in the sake of time. To make a long story short, there was enough pressure on the brake pedal from the header pipe that it wound up burning up the rotor and pads. Now they are replacing all of the rear brake components. I have heard from a member of this website that the Kuryakyn brake pedal part# 1027 has a better fit with the Freedom pipes than the stock CVO pedal. Can you verify that?

bgregston:
I talked to Brad this morning. He's shipping out a new header as soon as possible. I really appreciate you guys standing behind your products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version