Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXDWG2 Question  (Read 2259 times)

pcarr1701

• Junior CVO Member
  • The Switchblade Guy

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2
FXDWG2 Question
« on: March 23, 2007, 08:49:41 PM »

I know that the stock FXDWG2 came from the CVO in Kansas City as a basic Dyna Wide Glide with the addition of the fairing, special paint, special seat and about $8,000 of chrome.

I'm the second owner of mine and noticed that it runs a little different than most other Wide Glides.  Also noticed that there have been times when the idle is a little rough.  I took it into the local dealer last night for a Dyno run.  Got a call today saying that they did the dyno run and adjusted the carbs since it was idling a little rough.

When I asked about the contents of the engine's performance from the dyno run, I was told that it was standard Screamin' Eagle, just like it was produced.  Now, I was under the impression that there were no Screamin' Eagle parts put in the FXDWG2s.  I'm picking up the bike tomorrow and will get the Dyno sheet and post it when I get home.

I know the owner did some things to the bike, like new V&H pipes, seats, controls, etc.  If the dealer is telling me that it is standard Screamin' Eagle, how can I tell?  I guess I will need to compare the Dyno sheet with someone else's stock sheet for a TC88 Dyna.

Any other ideas on this one, cause frankly I'm stumped!
Patrick Carr
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Wildfire

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: FXDWG2 Question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 08:11:29 AM »

I also own a FXDWG3  the motor is stock for that model in 2001 2002 dynas,but still one of the best looking CVO ever produced ....

pcarr1701

• Junior CVO Member
  • The Switchblade Guy

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2
Re: FXDWG2 Question
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 05:41:30 PM »

Thanks for the information.  When I arrived at the dealership today, they presented me with the Dyno sheet.  My motor has close to 67 bhp and 75 on the torque side.  Exactly as it should.  They adjusted the idle down a little, so it runs a little bit different, but seems to have a little more top end with less throttle effort.  I have had the Stage I done (pipes, carbs & air cleaner).

Looks like I may end up having them do some head and cam work, maybe take the motor up to close to 103'', but I'm happy with the performance so far, so maybe it won't justify the cash outlay.

Thanks again.
Patrick Carr
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Wildfire

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.