Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: yellow stone  (Read 5770 times)

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

Re: yellow stone
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 03:28:03 PM »

Thanks for this report  :2vrolijk_21:

Nice pics .

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 04:06:17 PM »

Did you encounter any buffalo in the park? A lady I know told me that she and her husband got into a stand off with a buffalo. He stopped to take some pictures and a buffalo came onto the road in front of them and started snorting, he made her get off on the far side of the bike. They kept the bike between them and the buffalo. Luckily a pickup with a camper came along and saw their problem and slowly pulled in between them and the buffalo. After a few minutes the buffalo backed off, and they got on the bike and road along side the pickup until they were past the the animal.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 05:18:22 PM »

Me and my wife took a small tripthe first part off july. From So. Il through sturgis, beartooth pass, yellow stone, monarch pass and home. Here are some picture of the trip.

Jim
Thanks for the pics and ride report. I hope to be able to make a trip like that in the near future.
How long were you gone. :nixweiss: and was it just the 2 of you.  :nixweiss:

Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 05:25:09 PM »

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

charlie

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 09:14:22 PM »

Nice pics.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 01:59:25 PM »

Dad would take us through the park every summer on the way to Nebraska, to see G-pa. I sure miss it. Thanks again.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2007, 09:54:06 PM »

MHJimh

Did you or anyone you spoke with ride the 7 miles of gravel road under construction at the east entrance?

How ggod/bad is it?

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2007, 11:54:42 PM »

Great trips - thanks for posting pics.

The spousal unit & I went to Sturgis/Yellowstone last year in July for 2 weeks.  Great time, no traffic, lots & lots of riding in beautiful scenery.  Fun to be on the top of Bear Tooth where it was cold & sunny then down to Red Lodge where it was hot as a pistol.

Roads in Yellowstone still suck or ok?

I was just there, the roads are fine, the idjuts on them, not so much
its hard to see anything while you are dodging fools ..

4200 miles on this trip and nearly get run over at the gas station at old faithful,,,,  im parked at a pump with my red bike with my lights on in daylight and almost get backed over by a C-word in a cage cuz she thought i left!  kicked the bumper to get her attention but nearly pinned me between her car and the red bike    >:(

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 08:28:20 AM »

4200 miles on this trip and nearly get run over at the gas station at old faithful,,,,  im parked at a pump with my red bike with my lights on in daylight and almost get backed over by a C-word in a cage cuz she thought i left!  kicked the bumper to get her attention but nearly pinned me between her car and the red bike    >:(

Thanks for the Yellowstone road report.  Have some buddies heading that way & hoped they were better than last years gravel sloppy potholed mess from the east entrance.

Cagers inside the park were mostly calm, but saw some poor driving as well.  Glad you did not become a sandwich - have been in the same spot and last time nearly put a dent in a trunk to keep from getting squished.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 08:29:43 AM »

4200 miles on this trip and nearly get run over at the gas station at old faithful,,,,  im parked at a pump with my red bike with my lights on in daylight and almost get backed over by a C-word in a cage cuz she thought i left!  kicked the bumper to get her attention but nearly pinned me between her car and the red bike    >:(

:o Scot did you do al ittle dance too.  :nixweiss: :worthless:  Scot you have plenty of spare bikes waiting if needed. Glad you dont.  ;)
                                 Dave
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 08:31:48 AM by Gettinold »
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 08:36:57 AM »

Great pics - I hope to be doing a few of those sites on my trip around the US of A next year.

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige

P.S. Tell the Rangers to get rid of that Buffalo before I get there please.
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 08:43:04 AM »

Have some buddies heading that way & hoped they were better than last years gravel sloppy potholed mess from the east entrance.

From what I am hearing and from Yellowstone's website, there is a 7 mile road construction at the east entrance that is a gravel road and you are taken thru by a pilot car at 30 mph..   I called the road report phone #  last Wed night and the road was closed due to a mudslide but was reopened sometime the next day. 

Anyone actually rode the east entrance this summer?????

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 08:43:41 AM »

Great pics - I hope to be doing a few of those sites on my trip around the US of A next year.

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige

P.S. Tell the Rangers to get rid of that Buffalo before I get there please.

Nige - we had a buffalo experience in Thermopolis, Wyoming last year.  Nice park in town with lots of hot springs and full of buffalo.

We pulled into the parking lot on the FLHRCI & a bull came charging at us.  Stopped about 10 feet away, pawing and snorting and grunting.  Apparently we had parked in his parking space, so we backed away slowly and took a ride through the park. Very scenic.  Wife no longer cared about seeing buffalo close up after that.   ;D

Mike

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 08:45:23 AM »

Nige - we had a buffalo experience in Thermopolis, Wyoming last year.  Nice park in town with lots of hot springs and full of buffalo.

We pulled into the parking lot on the FLHRCI & a bull came charging at us.  Stopped about 10 feet away, pawing and snorting and grunting.  Apparently we had parked in his parking space, so we backed away slowly and took a ride through the park. Very scenic.  Wife no longer cared about seeing buffalo close up after that.   ;D

Mike

Lol Mike - I always feel that they look a lot better on a plate with a nice large side order of fries and a nice cold brewski to wash em down.

;D

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 08:45:43 AM »

From what I am hearing and from Yellowstone's website, there is a 7 mile road construction at the east entrance that is a gravel road and you are taken thru by a pilot car at 30 mph..   I called the road report phone #  last Wed night and the road was closed due to a mudslide but was reopened sometime the next day. 

Anyone actually rode the east entrance this summer?????

Thanks.  East entrance was a real mess last year.  Will advise them to check - we were warned by nice folks in Cody.  NE entrance was bumpy but more scenic & if you are heading to Chief Joseph Hwy. its closer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.