Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: yellow stone  (Read 5769 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: yellow stone
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 08:47:05 AM »

Lol Mike - I always feel that they look a lot better on a plate with a nice large side order of fries and a nice cold brewski to wash em down.

;D

Nige

LOL

That is the best way to enjoy bison by far, Nige.  Hope to meet you on your stateside trip.

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 08:54:39 AM »

Me and my wife took a small tripthe first part off july. From So. Il through sturgis, beartooth pass, yellow stone, monarch pass and home. Here are some picture of the trip.
Great looking ride, will be there in two weeks. How was the east entrance to Yellowstone ( still mud/gravel?). john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 11:28:19 AM »

Thanks for the Yellowstone road report.  Have some buddies heading that way & hoped they were better than last years gravel sloppy potholed mess from the east entrance.

Cagers inside the park were mostly calm, but saw some poor driving as well.  Glad you did not become a sandwich - have been in the same spot and last time nearly put a dent in a trunk to keep from getting squished.

I didnt ride the east entrance....  i rode the west entrance ( through oddly enough west yellowstone) and the north entrance through Gardiner..  no issues with either....  there is construction everywhere but we should all be used to that

Yellowstone HD in Belgrade incidentally is an awesome place to have breakfast ( yep, you heard me)  covered parking and great food from a trailer  :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 01:36:22 PM »

I didnt ride the east entrance....  i rode the west entrance ( through oddly enough west yellowstone) and the north entrance through Gardiner..  no issues with either....  there is construction everywhere but we should all be used to that

Yellowstone HD in Belgrade incidentally is an awesome place to have breakfast ( yep, you heard me)  covered parking and great food from a trailer  :2vrolijk_21:

The north and west entrances were ok last year as well.  Road had washed out on the east entrance - pilot vehicle in/out - watering the dirt/gravel roads with a tanker - just a damn mess.

Will tell my friends about Belgrade breakfast.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »

Thanks for all the comments, and sorry it took me so long to get back but the day after I posted these pics. 4 friends and I left for the Grand Cannyon and just got back home (another 3700 miles). The buffalo I saw was off the road but didn't stop. And the roads where rough at the east enterance but not gravel. And it is a nice uni-go love how it pulls.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 02:52:58 PM by mhjimh »

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »

We came through the east entrance on July 14, 2007 and it was raining the day we came through. After we rode the first seven miles it looked like we had just run a dirt bike race - our bikes were so dirty! The first seven is not gravel but it is not paved either and when it's raining, it's no fun! We saw lots of buffalo. I guess all the other creatures were hiding from the heat. We did have one buffalo cross in front of us, we just let him do his thing and he looked back at us once we crossed to let us know not to mess with him! Like we would, right. Lots of people there. The north and west entrances are fine.

Hogasm can't stand when his bike has a spec of dirt on it.  When we met the folks in Coulee on the 15th, we did a quick washing.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 05:42:19 PM »

We came through the east entrance on July 14, 2007 and it was raining the day we came through. After we rode the first seven miles it looked like we had just run a dirt bike race - our bikes were so dirty! The first seven is not gravel but it is not paved either and when it's raining, it's no fun! We saw lots of buffalo. I guess all the other creatures were hiding from the heat. We did have one buffalo cross in front of us, we just let him do his thing and he looked back at us once we crossed to let us know not to mess with him! Like we would, right. Lots of people there. The north and west entrances are fine.

Hogasm can't stand when his bike has a spec of dirt on it.  When we met the folks in Coulee on the 15th, we did a quick washing.

Yeah right...my by has never been given such a thorough cleaning!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2007, 06:02:27 PM »

Yeah right...my by has never been given such a thorough cleaning!

Hey Bill, from the looks of your "states visited map" now, one good trip out west with a ferry up to Alaska and a ride back down, fills the rest of that map right in! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2007, 06:12:26 PM »

Hey Bill, from the looks of your "states visited map" now, one good trip out west with a ferry up to Alaska and a ride back down, fills the rest of that map right in! ;) Hoist! 8)

Sedona '08 will give me 49....then I need to convince Anne of a long Fly and Ride to Alaska...with a side trip to the Yukon Territory!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

hogasm

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2007, 06:57:02 PM »

From what I am hearing and from Yellowstone's website, there is a 7 mile road construction at the east entrance that is a gravel road and you are taken thru by a pilot car at 30 mph..   I called the road report phone #  last Wed night and the road was closed due to a mudslide but was reopened sometime the next day. 

Anyone actually rode the east entrance this summer?????

Blue Felix and I rode it on July 14th. The only thing that made it worse was the rain. Bikes were a mess
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:46:16 PM by hogasm »

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2007, 12:54:52 AM »

Sedona '08 will give me 49....then I need to convince Anne of a long Fly and Ride to Alaska...with a side trip to the Yukon Territory!
[/color]

Hey! Bill
Tell Anne it's the poor mans Hawaiian Islands. 

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2007, 12:46:48 PM »

Blue Felix and I rode it on July 14th. The only thing that made it worse was the rain. Bikes were a mess

My wife, daughter, friend, and I rode thru the east entrance of Yellowstone on Monday August 20th..  There was a heavy rain the night before.  Fortunately the road was good and not muddy but had a lot of loose gravel in areas.  It was approximately 7-8 miles of packed dirt/loose gravel and we ran thru between 20-25 mph with no problems.  Pilot car took us about a mile past moving equipment and then were on our own pace.

When we left Jackson and headed north and then east a couple days later on RTE 26/287, we traveled about 14 miles of packed dirt/loose gravel and about 1 mile of mud as it rained just before we arrived.  Bikes looked like crap.  Disappointed as I had just cleaned up while in Jackson at the motel the day earlier.  Friend passed the pilot car and driver just shook his head (go figure)   . 

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2007, 03:45:02 PM »

Use the NE entrance at Beartooth Pass. Spectacular!!!  no construction when I went through during Sturgis Bike week.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 22 queries.