Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sunday Ride  (Read 2179 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Sunday Ride
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:33:43 PM »

Suzanne and I took a 250 mile ride into North Alabama yesterday.  200 miles on 2lane roads in rural Alabama...temps in the low 60's, but windy.  Blue skies...here's a couple of pics for those of you who are still freezing your a$$es off...

You know you're in Alabama near a lake when you see a country store named after a stop sign, with bait for sale...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Re: Sunday Ride
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:42:26 PM »

Shortly after the above photo was taken, we rode about 25 miles along the eastern shore of Lake Guntersville and stopped for a break here at a Ranger station in Lake Guntersville State Park.  That is Short Creek in the background...I've caught many a bass in that creek during my lifetime...

TTS Mastertune

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 07:59:18 AM »

Evil...you're just frackin' evil TC.  I'm sittin' down here in the FL (NYC South) swamp sorting and packing and planning the great escape and you're parked about 2 miles from the new ranch.  Get ready there bro', I'll soon be PMing you lake, mountain and boat pics daily.... :huepfenlol2:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 08:45:16 AM »

Evil...you're just frackin' evil TC.  I'm sittin' down here in the FL (NYC South) swamp sorting and packing and planning the great escape and you're parked about 2 miles from the new ranch.  Get ready there bro', I'll soon be PMing you lake, mountain and boat pics daily.... :huepfenlol2:

B...we rode all the way from Trussville (a burb of B'ham) to Hammondville on old Hwy 11, then cut over on 40...the store photo is on top of Sand Mountain...they handle snakes and chit up there, bro...over on 71 to 35, then down to the lake, turn left on county road 67...it's a real nice road on the shoreline that takes you accross South Sauty Creek, then 277 across Town Creek into the park.  I thought about you and your place when I got up the twisties from Short Creek and knew I wasn't far from your spread.  Short is a great place to anchor down and party/swim.

Maybe I'll be IN some of those pics you post!!   :drink: ;)

TTS Mastertune

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 09:21:55 AM »

B...we rode all the way from Trussville (a burb of B'ham) to Hammondville on old Hwy 11, then cut over on 40...the store photo is on top of Sand Mountain...they handle snakes and chit up there, bro...over on 71 to 35, then down to the lake, turn left on county road 67...it's a real nice road on the shoreline that takes you accross South Sauty Creek, then 277 across Town Creek into the park.  I thought about you and your place when I got up the twisties from Short Creek and knew I wasn't far from your spread.  Short is a great place to anchor down and party/swim.

Maybe I'll be IN some of those pics you post!!   :drink: ;)

No doubt you'll be in the pics....Know exactly the route as well as the Sand Mountain area.  Lot's of banjo music comin' out of those hills most evenings.  Got to be real careful whose driveway you turn around in there.  Love it....there IS still part of America left.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 10:30:37 AM »

No doubt you'll be in the pics....Know exactly the route as well as the Sand Mountain area.  Lot's of banjo music comin' out of those hills most evenings.  Got to be real careful whose driveway you turn around in there.  Love it....there IS still part of America left.

you guys are killin me with this LMAO

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 10:36:06 AM »

Good people up there, B.  Friendly, and they watch out for each other, like it should be.  

If you pull up in the wrong holler, there might be somebody sqealin' like a pig too... :huepfenlol2:

I see you've changed your location below your Avatar...here in spirit, if not in body... :2vrolijk_21:

Lookin' forward to visiting and telling lies... :drink: :drink:

TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 02:44:07 PM »

Suzanne and I took a 250 mile ride into North Alabama yesterday.  200 miles on 2lane roads in rural Alabama...temps in the low 60's, but windy.  Blue skies...here's a couple of pics for those of you who are still freezing your a$$es off...

You know you're in Alabama near a lake when you see a country store named after a stop sign, with bait for sale...

How many varieties of boiled peanuts ?

B B

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 03:16:46 PM »

B B

Only 4 that I've eaten.  Salted, garlic, jalapeno & horseradish.  Amazing how many you can eat with a half jar of home brew.....

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 04:27:26 PM »

B B

They don't get started good on the boiled peanuts on the side of the road until it gets a little warmer around here.

And the shed with the Bait...that is pronounced "Minners"...

TTS Mastertune

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 05:50:59 PM »

Wow - what a weather. Hard to believe somewhere the weather is so good right now. I am even afraid to look out of the window. Feeling cold immediately..

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 06:38:41 PM »

They don't get started good on the boiled peanuts on the side of the road until it gets a little warmer around here.

And the shed with the Bait...that is pronounced "Minners"...

OK,
     The picture reminded me of a place in Troy I stopped at my last time through that area. They had 3 kinds.

B B

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 08:39:25 PM »

Suzanne and I took a 250 mile ride into North Alabama yesterday.  200 miles on 2lane roads in rural Alabama...temps in the low 60's, but windy.  Blue skies...here's a couple of pics for those of you who are still freezing your a$$es off...You know you're in Alabama near a lake when you see a country store named after a stop sign, with bait for sale...
That would be me Terry. Weather still sucks up here. Looks like a good time for you 2. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 11:20:55 AM »

OK,
     The picture reminded me of a place in Troy I stopped at my last time through that area. They had 3 kinds.

B B

B B...Troy, Alabama is getting down towards peanut growing country...generally anywhere south of Montgomery, but particularly around the Dothan, Alabama area...BIG peanut country.  Alabama is really two or three different states all in one, with the mountains/canyons in the northern part of the state (B'ham north), the middle with rolling hills, then the very southern part which is flat until you get to the sugar sand beaches of the Alabama coast...we call it the Redneck Riviera... ;)  Distinctly different cultures in all three parts are pretty common...even different accents.  B'ham and Huntsville have always been the more industrial/technical cities/areas.  South Alabama has always been agricultural for the most part.

TTS Mastertune

Bagger

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 02:05:16 PM »

Looks like fun...........we wouldn't know a doggone thing about that area!!! :P :huepfenjump3:

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.