Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rivera Game Changer Install  (Read 2100 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Rivera Game Changer Install
« on: August 20, 2017, 11:03:03 AM »

There have been a number of posts on this subject, but no photos of an actual install nor positive/negative comments on before or after performance.  So, since I have installed the game changer sprocket on both my bikes, I thought I would post what my results have been thus far.

First a photo of the primary on my 2014 CVO Road King with game changer sprocket with clip on shoe for stock chain tensioner, GMR compensaver, stock A&S clutch with AIM VP-SDR lockup.  Both bikes have the exact same setup except I have a Barnett Scorpion clutch with lockup on the 2009 CVO Road Glide.

Second photo is a chart measuring speed versus time on my 2009 CVO Road Glide comparing stock 34 tooth to 32 tooth game changer.

Install:  very simple, straight forward, one hour job if you take your time.  No special tools other than what you would need for removal of the sprocket in a stock primary, EXCEPT, for the 32 tooth sprocket you will need to make a longer primary locking bar to torque the sprocket bolt.  I used 1" x 1/4" flat bar, easy breezy.  Also, you will need to recalibrate your ECM so the cruise and 6 gear light operate correctly, but this is easily done in TTS and I assume other tuning tools.

Cost:  at $200 online, cheapest, easiest solution versus 49 tooth clutch sprocket or changing trans sprocket, rear drive belt, swing arm mods, etc.

Results:  I love it on both bikes, wouldn't go back to stock.  Quicker acceleration, easier to find neutral, no abnormal noises, less gear shifting under varying conditions and sixth gear is more usable (not just flat land cruising).

Comments:  both of my motors are built for low end grunt as well as high end rpm.  The game changer will add 250 rpm to each gear for a given speed, so if your cams start falling off at 4K, this might not be a mod for you.  But if this isn't the case, I think you will like it.  I am not aware of any downside to this set up including gas milage for those who care.

Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

Re: Rivera Game Changer Install
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 11:03:53 AM »

Speed versus RPM...

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 07:48:52 AM »

I like the thought of having a more useful 6th gear so this is something I may have to look at in the future....Thanks for posting Pete
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Pan1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 10:59:18 PM »

Had a "game changer" installed on my SERG. Hated it. If you like 6th gear to be like 5th gear it's fine. Just practice riding everywhere 1 gear lower for a day or two before you purchase one. Also note, depending on the aftermarket tuner used , you may have to purchase a speedo adapter which by the way has to be purposely set 4-6 mph off in order for the cruise control and gear select lights to work.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 03:37:53 PM »

I did the 30t trans drive sprocket conversion and I like it a LOT.

It's about an 8% lower ratio across all gears for about a 300 rpm increase in all gears based on the original rpms at the same speed.

So I've not noticed any major drop in mileage and the get up and go is a LOT better.  But you do have to get deeper into it and do the rear swingarm welding and grinding.  You keep the same belt with the swingarm mod.  And my cruise and 6 spd light all work as I reset the counter in my TTS to match my GPS speed, so good to go now.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 07:20:30 PM »

There have been a number of posts on this subject, but no photos of an actual install nor positive/negative comments on before or after performance.  So, since I have installed the game changer sprocket on both my bikes, I thought I would post what my results have been thus far.

First a photo of the primary on my 2014 CVO Road King with game changer sprocket with clip on shoe for stock chain tensioner, GMR compensaver, stock A&S clutch with AIM VP-SDR lockup.  Both bikes have the exact same setup except I have a Barnett Scorpion clutch with lockup on the 2009 CVO Road Glide.

Second photo is a chart measuring speed versus time on my 2009 CVO Road Glide comparing stock 34 tooth to 32 tooth game changer.

Install:  very simple, straight forward, one hour job if you take your time.  No special tools other than what you would need for removal of the sprocket in a stock primary, EXCEPT, for the 32 tooth sprocket you will need to make a longer primary locking bar to torque the sprocket bolt.  I used 1" x 1/4" flat bar, easy breezy.  Also, you will need to recalibrate your ECM so the cruise and 6 gear light operate correctly, but this is easily done in TTS and I assume other tuning tools.

Cost:  at $200 online, cheapest, easiest solution versus 49 tooth clutch sprocket or changing trans sprocket, rear drive belt, swing arm mods, etc.

Results:  I love it on both bikes, wouldn't go back to stock.  Quicker acceleration, easier to find neutral, no abnormal noises, less gear shifting under varying conditions and sixth gear is more usable (not just flat land cruising).

Comments:  both of my motors are built for low end grunt as well as high end rpm.  The game changer will add 250 rpm to each gear for a given speed, so if your cams start falling off at 4K, this might not be a mod for you.  But if this isn't the case, I think you will like it.  I am not aware of any downside to this set up including gas milage for those who care.
just wondering what is that thing from GMR what it does? Have cvo rk 14 thinking about doing this what you did, don't wanna grind swing arm and weld etc...
tnx

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 08:13:58 PM »

just wondering what is that thing from GMR what it does? Have cvo rk 14 thinking about doing this what you did, don't wanna grind swing arm and weld etc...
tnx

It's called a Compensaver.  It collects primary oil from the chain and feeds it directly to the compensator hub and spokes to enhance lubrication.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.