Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends Axeo Front Cartridges are on and info on CCE Touring Trac Tree  (Read 1091 times)

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White

Finally got them installed. I was running the Ricor Intiminators, along with old fork oil. Just for reference I have the Ohlins 3-3 on the bike, and front and rear True Track. Like everyone says, when you have good rear shocks you really notice if the front end is not as good.

If a guy was doing this on a stock front end, the difference would be night and day. So for me it's not night and day, but there is still definitely a noticeable improvement over the Ricors.

The best way to describe it is that it's way more refined than the Ricors, and feel similar going over bumps as the rear Ohlins do. The small bumps disappear, and it handles the rough stuff well. I went with the #2 middle pre-load setting which is for rider and passenger weight between 300-400 lbs, so it's a bit stiff for solo riding (I'm 200 lbs), but I don't mind. I wanted the stiffer setting for when riding 2 up with gear, which I haven't done yet.

Bummer is that I wanted to also have my second hand CCE Touring Trac tree installed too, but my mechanic said it didn't look like the fork caps would fit the Legends, even though the fork caps I got are meant for the Progressive front end cartridges.

Sure enough, I called CCE and spoke to Tim. Awesome guy btw, chatted for quite awhile. Sounds like he may be the owner, but I didn't ask. He told me that the Legends Axeo set up requires different fork cap nuts, and they are in the process of designing them, which he anticipates will be available in about a month. So, not sure if I will pick up a set when they are available and have mine installed during the winter, or I might end up selling it. I hear it's like 6 hrs labor, and I don't know if the total cost will be worth the improvement.

Anyways, I'm pleased with this mod and don't regret the upgrade.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:35:42 PM by North Star »
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 24 queries.