Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 serk Stage 1  (Read 1564 times)

Casey

2007 serk Stage 1
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:19:04 AM »

I didn't really want to ask this question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere. If you have a 2007 SERK is the stage 1 upgrade stock? Or should it be done?

retired_colonel

• Retired Army
Re: 2007 serk Stage 1
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 12:51:43 PM »

I think there are varying opinions from some on what is considered a Stage I upgrade on the CVO bike.  Traditionally, a Stage I is considered the hi-flo air cleaner, slip-ons, and a re-tune.  I can tell you what I did on my wife's '08 FLHRSE4 that made a huge difference.  She did not want to change the sound, so I added the Ness Big Sucker air cleaner, V&H True Dual pipes, and kept the stock mufflers.  The V&H FuelPak had a 'map' for that combination, so it made the most sense...I won't need that much tuning flexibility for her bike, as she will never want much more power than that added by this upgrade.  The stock 110" is an EPA bike and needs to be opened up a bit...her bike runs great.
  Now on my FLHRSE4...different story...I am going BIG....lol.
2008 FLHRSE4 x 2
2004 FLHRCI
2003 FXDL

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
Re: 2007 serk Stage 1
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 10:39:19 PM »

if i'm not mistaken, the stage 1 upgrade is where they reset your computor, so your only running on 1 cylinder when idleing or stopping. (supposedly keeps the bike from overheating)

no,  it did not come that way on 07's.  didn't have it done to mine either.   runs good and doesn't really overheat, just the way it is.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.