Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: K&N Airfilter  (Read 3112 times)

07_Flhrse3

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
K&N Airfilter
« on: May 30, 2007, 09:57:21 PM »

Sorry All.  I know I have seen it on here before, but I am an 07 SERK owner and would like to know the part number for the K&N air filter and the website to order it from.  I understand this to be a NO MODIFICATION INSERT on the 07 SERK.

I just put on my RH True Duals and would like to add the K&N filter. 

Thanks to all, Otter

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: K&N Airfilter
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 10:18:15 PM »

HD-0800 is the K&N part number. You can get them from cyclespot.com or gopartsdirect.com.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 10:26:28 PM »

Auto Zone or your local auto parts store. See p/n above.

07_Flhrse3

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »

thanks HDdude

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 10:33:31 PM »

HD-0800 is the K&N part number. You can get them from cyclespot.com or gopartsdirect.com.

That's funny.  It's not an exact replacement for the original shape.  But that's the same K&N part number that gets used in fuel injected 57 Corvette.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 05:16:10 AM »

That's funny.  It's not an exact replacement for the original shape.  But that's the same K&N part number that gets used in fuel injected 57 Corvette.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 08:58:19 AM »

Just a side note here, but I had a major K&N failure in DC this weekend. Here's what happened.

When mounting the K&N under the SEUC cover, I had the typical mounting problem of the top and bottom of the cover hitting the filter, but not the front and back. I tried a couple of things, but nothing worked too well. I decided to put a washer stack under the bolt and snug it up. This worked well for awhile.

When we were riding to Savannah this weekend, the 'buzz' in the cove was TERRIBLE!!! My right calf was going numb from the cover touching it. It later stopped. When I got to DC, I noticed the cover would easily rotate on the center bolt. I thought it was loose. I tightened it up and it still spun easily. I found that the material of the filter had fatiqued and had broken all the way around the outside of the center nut. The whole quarter-sized piece was spinning around, but still 'hanging in there'. I took the filter off and rode without it.

Later I noticed a big hole in the center of the filter where the nut used to be. The nut was down inside the filter. I'm so glad it didn't get sucked into the motor during the WOT part of the parade. I taped up the hole and that's where I am now.

I know there's a better way to mount the cover, but I just haven't found it yet. What does everyone else do?

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »

Sorry All.  I know I have seen it on here before, but I am an 07 SERK owner and would like to know the part number for the K&N air filter and the website to order it from.  I understand this to be a NO MODIFICATION INSERT on the 07 SERK.

I just put on my RH True Duals and would like to add the K&N filter. 

Thanks to all, Otter

Hey Otter you might also like to consider the Doherty Powerpacc, with or without Powervents.

http://www.dohertymachine.com/index.php?cPath=2

It's a really well made piece of kit and you can get a billet cover from them too.

Cheers,

Nige

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 09:50:47 AM »

Just a side note here, but I had a major K&N failure in DC this weekend. Here's what happened.

When mounting the K&N under the SEUC cover, I had the typical mounting problem of the top and bottom of the cover hitting the filter, but not the front and back. I tried a couple of things, but nothing worked too well. I decided to put a washer stack under the bolt and snug it up. This worked well for awhile.

When we were riding to Savannah this weekend, the 'buzz' in the cove was TERRIBLE!!! My right calf was going numb from the cover touching it. It later stopped. When I got to DC, I noticed the cover would easily rotate on the center bolt. I thought it was loose. I tightened it up and it still spun easily. I found that the material of the filter had fatiqued and had broken all the way around the outside of the center nut. The whole quarter-sized piece was spinning around, but still 'hanging in there'. I took the filter off and rode without it.

Later I noticed a big hole in the center of the filter where the nut used to be. The nut was down inside the filter. I'm so glad it didn't get sucked into the motor during the WOT part of the parade. I taped up the hole and that's where I am now.

I know there's a better way to mount the cover, but I just haven't found it yet. What does everyone else do?

Chief, HD makes a spacer/gasket to go between the filter and the cover, which seems to resolve this. I don't have the P/N with me, I'm at work. Hopefully someone can get you the P/N to use with a new filter. This should resolve it. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 10:17:38 AM »

Chief, HD makes a spacer/gasket to go between the filter and the cover, which seems to resolve this. I don't have the P/N with me, I'm at work. Hopefully someone can get you the P/N to use with a new filter. This should resolve it. Hoist! 8)

I remember talk about getting a separate gasket and using 2 to fill the extra space. The filter I was using was an older one, from my '99, and it was the filter with the molded rubber ring and I couldn't get anything to stick to it. I see the HD-0800 has the exposed metal, so maybe I'll be able to get the extra gasket to stick on the new one.

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.