Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kuryakyn/XSighting HID Headlight  (Read 808 times)

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Kuryakyn/XSighting HID Headlight
« on: July 21, 2008, 12:23:29 PM »

I'll let you know how it works when they send me one that lights up.  Got everything switched out.  The wiring that comes with it does not work with our twin bulb lights by the way, you have to either find some male plugs that fit the sockets or start cutting (the plugs are rare but do exist, I wanted to get it done before Sturgis so spliced in some connectors).  Also, the trim ring screw doesn't come anywhere close to lining up with or reaching the hole in the chrome nacelle extension they supply. 

Those issues aside, hooked up everything and .... nothing.  Not even a flicker.  The high beam selenoid clicks so the unit is getting power.  It seems to be fairly well put together, just doesn't work.  Update when available.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Kuryakyn/XSighting HID Headlight
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:24:36 PM »

Well they said the lamp was broken, had never seen that before and it is going back to Sylvania.  So that cost me fifteen bucks to return an already defective part - so I don't think I'll be ordering anything else from Kuryakyn. 

The install is pretty straight forward (especially the second time), except for the wiring issue mentioned earlier and the retaining ring not fitting over the housing, the ring is just slightly too small diameter.  You have to either grind some plastic or break the weld on the ring.  Even with the nacelle extension there is very little room for all the existing wiring and the headlight in there.  That may cause problems with aiming the thing, but it does seem to put out a fair bit of white light; the halogen auxilary lamps look really yellow in comparison.  There is a bit of high-pitched whine you can hear from the ballast with the bike not running.  I haven't been out at night with it yet, however.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.