Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Passenger floor boards and extentions  (Read 1891 times)

07 CVO Road King

Passenger floor boards and extentions
« on: January 09, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »

Any ideas.  My Wife is 5'11" with long legs.  She says she would like floor boards, I think she would also be more comfortable either with them extended out or dropped some also.  I even wonder if she wouldn't be happy with the stock pegs if they were extended and dropped some.  I have an 07 SERK.  Looking for ideas and suggestions.  Maybe some of you have dealt with this situation.  Pictures always help especially to show her.  Thanks all..............Van

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
Re: Passenger floor boards and extentions
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »

Van,

I have an '03 SERK and putting on passenger floorboards for my wife was one of the best (and cheapest) items I have ever bolted on a motorcycle.   Though she is not quite as tall as your wife however...this makes getting on/off easier for her and distance riding comfort is greatly improved.   I had put on a set of those flip over peg extensions (kuryakyn) and she never really liked using those.  Had to take them off anyway when I went the true-dual route because of clearance.   As for extending the passenger boards outward...that is on my winter list of improvements.  I did that for my boards last summer and was amazed at how much that little extra distance outward improved comfort.   Can get those thru the member discount.

ez
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

07 CVO Road King

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:11:29 AM »

Thanks EZ.  I talked to my local Harley dealer about getting matching floor boards.  After they added everything up it was close to $900.  That just seems like too much money, but I would like they pattern to match what I already have.   I have seen on the member discount section the extentions.  Those look like a good product from a good person.  I will probably add them also.  Thanks again...........Van

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 12:30:35 PM »

I went the matching route with mounts that will rotate 360-degrees around the center stud on my '07.  I don't have part numbers, but they are in the catalog.  You can adjust them forward, down or both to get the best fit.  She'll probably yell at you for not getting boards sooner as they are much more comfortable.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 01:03:58 PM »

I talked to my local Harley dealer about getting matching floor boards.  After they added everything up it was close to $900.  That just seems like too much money, but I would like they pattern to match what I already have.   

Once you get part no's of what you want you can piece together from a number of places to get best bang for the buck...ie: 20% off at ChicagoHD or Surdyke...there are others....do consider shipping & tax if applicable.   Would assume that you asked your dealer if they could give you a xx% off?   Our local dealer knocks off 10% for being local HOG member.   Don't forget Ebay & aftermarket....and most certainly post on the wanted board here.   Regardless....good luck on whichever way you go.
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.