Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tank Repair  (Read 956 times)

07 CVO Road King

Tank Repair
« on: February 07, 2012, 07:48:54 AM »

Hi all,  Took a little spill on my ride last month.   :oops:  Now I got a hole in the top of my tank from my brake lever (about pencil size).  Has anyone found anybody that specializes in CVO repaints that maybe has the Harley codes?  Also is a hole and dent repairable?  I don't mind pulling the tank and shipping it off as long as its to a reputable shop or person.  Luckly the hole is in the top so for now chewing gum keeps it sealed for riding just don't know if it will work when summer gets here.  LOL

Van

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Tank Repair
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 04:49:35 PM »

Put a cork in it, Van.  :) I'm gonna watch this thread 'cause I've got a tank that needs a dent removed and I'll be interested to see what's available.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

07 CVO Road King

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 08:53:43 PM »

LOL cause luckly its in the top and chewing gum seems to work good and is easily to replace.  Just looks like chit.  But would like to get it fixed back right if possible.  I hate to ask the dealer what the price of a new painted tank would be.

rebelhoop

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »

Hi, try Gunslinger painting, in golden Co. they are one of the shops that paint cvo's for the moco, ask for Kent @ 7209349088 their shop is excellent! when was the last time you saw a spotless paint shop? They have one.

07 CVO Road King

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 06:40:27 PM »

Cool appreciate the # I will call in the next few weeks.  I did check with the dealer and they thought around $2000 I could get a new tank with stock paint but the part #'s don't come up anymore in the computer.  Oh well at this point I'd rather pay someone to do it if they can match it good.  Plus then it will make it easier to switch to matched hard bags someday soon.

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 24 queries.