CVO Technical > EVO

Harley FXRP 1988

(1/2) > >>

Theway:
Can I get some advise on this motor. If wanted to upgrade the motor do I rebuild it or get a new one. Motor has 21,700 milies on it.

Twolanerider:
It's difficult to really large upgrades on an Evo for a cost that's competitive to just buying one of the big inch Ultima motors.  Having said that it's a shame to just throw away a good old low mileage Evo

grahn1967:
What's wrong with it ?

timo482:
first - in that era some police bikes were hotter than non police bikes - its possible to hop it up - and have it be slower because you might unintentionally remove the factory police kit. I've seen dyne runs of police bikes with 8hp over "stock" on a stone "stock" police bike. be certain you know what you have before you mess.. most of the changes were really subtle - timing & ingnition tweaks - tiny cam tweaks, tiny fuel tweaks - poorly documented.

next - once hopped "enough" up its possible to break the primary case since that case is essentially part of the motor mount

some years of those had enclosed chain final drives - pita to work on but way WAY better than any of the other finial drives. i guy i used to work with [since retired] had one over 100000 k miles - original rear chain.

note they originally came with a real nice air ride seat that i see is gone, pity, they are very very nice.

timo482:
oh ya... as always - gearing gets you more punch for less money than anything you can possibly come up with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version