CVO Technical > EVO

V124 Top End Rework Questions

<< < (2/2)

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: johnsachs on February 17, 2019, 05:22:38 PM --- I won't gamble on potential oil leaks when I remove cylinder heads.
 I change base gaskets, seals, etc. when I pull the heads off an engine. It lets me check ring wear,  bore, and correct deck height also if needed.
John

--- End quote ---

Completely understand and, if doing it commercially, wouldn't disagree John.  Working on a shop schedule with customers wanting bikes back and current/upcoming customers hating when schedules shift would definitely just build the little bit of extra time and money in to the schedule and know there won't be a problem.  Having said that....

Fortunately I've not had a problems with cylinders when R&Ring heads.  Lucky, cautious, motorcycle Gods are with me; it's something I can chance on my own or the occasional friend's (who is freeloading labor for beer  ::) ) anyway.  Same on re-ringing if cylinders are off.  If parts are still very good they can be reinstalled.  I'll be cautious.  Any question of course the wear/fear/concerns dictate the work.  Sometimes stuff is just still fine though.

prodrag1320:
iff the cylinders are not disturbd,theres no reason to remove cylinders,that said,if its got miles on it,it is a good time to check rings,cylider out of round/taper.new rings should be used and yes break in is required.do a leak down before tearing down motor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version