CVO Technical > EVO

cracked frame

(1/4) > >>

HEADPAN62:
well went to put my motor back in my frame after case replacement and found the frame cracked near the downtube/front motor mount boss,,anyone know of a well known frame straighting company near jersey,,,thanks,,,,,headpan.......1986 fxstc with the burgundy powdercoated frame

SPIDERMAN:

--- Quote from: HEADPAN62 on August 16, 2006, 07:45:19 AM ---well went to put my motor back in my frame after case replacement and found the frame cracked near the downtube/front motor mount boss,,anyone know of a well known frame straighting company near jersey,,,thanks,,,,,headpan.......1986 fxstc with the burgundy powdercoated frame

--- End quote ---

HEADPAN62
                NO I do not know of a frame straightening company  near Jersey although I'd suggest a call to a place like Indian Larry's old shop in NYC which I believe has been renamed Indian Larry Legend. I'm sure that either they would straighten frames themselves or they have someone they use since they specialize in old iron frame motorcycles as well as newer tubular frame replicas. Just my $0.02

B B

HEADPAN62:
spyder,Sent the frame to (THE FRAME MAN) in Ca.She was pretty beat up from 18 years of (crackn the whip)...chemicaly removed the powdercoat..sent it to him,and they did a  great job...has not been this straight in 16 years!!....re powdercoated to the origional color,,new 93'momo...got about 800 miles on her so far,,thanks for the reply...ride-on,headpan

crshnbrn:
HEADPAN62,

Do you have a number for THE FRAME MAN?

SPIDERMAN:

--- Quote from: crshnbrn on February 07, 2007, 08:12:51 PM ---HEADPAN62,

Do you have a number for THE FRAME MAN?

--- End quote ---

crshnbrn
             See if directory assistance has a number listed for Doc John's Frame Straightening in the LA area. I'd have recommend him if I'd had known headpan was willing to ship.

B B

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version