Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: INTERCOM-CB PROBLEM  (Read 1877 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
INTERCOM-CB PROBLEM
« on: May 21, 2009, 12:58:08 PM »

When I use my intercom or CB both act as if I were pushing and releasing the Push To Talk botton.  I've tried adjusting and cutting off the VOX and have also adjusted the squelch up and down on the CB.  Nothing helps...
Any ideas?
 :nixweiss:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Re: INTERCOM-CB PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 01:05:15 PM »

what year
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 01:12:01 PM »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 01:16:18 PM »

Try an 09!

;D

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 01:51:01 PM »

not sure i understand whats happening.  But make sure the squelch is allmost all the way down Friends 07 he couldnt receive anything and that was the problem the squelch was up to high.

2008 rocker c, 2003 fatboy, 2015 rgu

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 03:03:09 PM »

OK, when using the CB you should use the PTT button and when using the intercom you should NOT use the PTT.  So you may have 2 different problems if you're using the buttons correctly.  The PTT is a crappy button and many have had to have it replaced.  That's probably the case with your CB cutting in and out.  If you set the VOX to open the intercom should be on continuously.  If it still keeps cutting in and out, then you've got a cord problem.  Either the intermediate cord or the headset leader has a problem.  Try swapping out with somebody else to see what happens.

I find on my 07 if I don't have the PTT pushed in essentially in the center of it's travel, it won't work properly.  It was frustrating at first, now it's subconcious to do it that way.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 03:13:26 PM »

OK, when using the CB you should use the PTT button and when using the intercom you should NOT use the PTT.  So you may have 2 different problems if you're using the buttons correctly.  The PTT is a crappy button and many have had to have it replaced.  That's probably the case with your CB cutting in and out.  If you set the VOX to open the intercom should be on continuously.  If it still keeps cutting in and out, then you've got a cord problem.  Either the intermediate cord or the headset leader has a problem.  Try swapping out with somebody else to see what happens.

I find on my 07 if I don't have the PTT pushed in essentially in the center of it's travel, it won't work properly.  It was frustrating at first, now it's subconcious to do it that way.

Could be a cord.  I didn't have this problem until I bought new helmets with J&M Elite headsets.  Thanks!

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »

the lower cord has a tendency to go out. try wiggling the cord where it plugs into the dash. I've had to replace before.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.