Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Must Have Changes to the SE Ultra  (Read 60732 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: Must Have Changes to the SE Ultra
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2006, 06:21:59 AM »

I don't see the numbers you reference, but there is only 1 SE Air Kit, I have it on mine and the stock cover fits fine.  They are probably confused because they see 2 screws on the outside of the cover and know that the SE only accepts one big bolt.  They just ain't smart enough to figure out that when you pull the two small screws out and remove the plate, there is a big bolt behind it....idiots....

I swear sometimes we should charge back on the dealers just for thier stupidity.....

It worked good in mine.... :o

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2006, 06:22:40 AM »

hmmmm, another guy with expensive taste

Congrats on the new ride

jeffj

Like us!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2006, 06:23:51 AM »

I went with the Freedom Antennas - they seem to work great - like you CB is not a high priority for me but I did have a friend try my CB with new Freedom Antennas and he ordered a set for his UC and he uses the CB a lot, so the CB antenna must work OK

jeffj

I will go with those Jeff........ [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2006, 06:27:06 AM »

Jeff, on your rather long list ( I'm jealous ) of HD parts, you listed your Air Cleaner as 29773-02B, which is the Street legal version. Just curious, considering you have a non street legal setup, why did you not go with the SE Pro unit 29440-99C ?  I'm in the process of gathering part numbers for mine and had planned on using the latter.  Just want to be sure which one will work and why you chose the one you did.

Thanks, Robert

I asked myself the same thing....I ordered 29440-99C [smiley=nixweiss.gif] according to the Screamin Eagle parts catalogue and the dealer told me that one is for carbureted models and I had to go with 29773-02B

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2006, 06:33:46 AM »

Back when I purchased my SE air cleaner, I asked the same question of 3 different parts managers at various dealerships.  They all indicated that as best they could tell they were the exact same parts.  One actually had both part numbers in stock and offered to pull them out for us to compare.  Visually, they are identical except one had a "For Racing Use Only" sticker on it and the other didn't.  Since they are both priced the same, I can't figure what would cause H-D to carry them under different part numbers.  BTW - I suggest that you check to see if they have stopped using the paper element and gone back to the real K&N oiled filter.  If not, I would suggest going to the Ness Big Sucker with the genuine K&N element.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry to clarify the concept...I had the same doubt since I ordeed the old one and I recieved the new one... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2006, 08:45:54 AM »

I asked myself the same thing....I ordered 29440-99C [smiley=nixweiss.gif] according to the Screamin Eagle parts catalogue and the [highlight]dealer told me that one is for carbureted models and I had to go with 29773-02B[/highlight]
Say what?  Don't you love it when the parts guy doesn't know the answer so he just makes one up?  The same backing plate fits the carb and the Delphi TB.  The only one that was different was for the dual throat TB's on the Magnetti-Marrelli EFI, and it has a separate part number (29441-99A).

Jerry
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 09:00:39 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member
  • "True North strong and free"

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2006, 05:39:21 PM »

I have just come from my local HD Dealer and was inquiring about what exhaust I should put on my new FLHTCUSE and they informed me that I would not be able to put the Rinehart True Duals on my bike because they were made for carburated engines and mine is EFI.  They suggested slip-on's.  Is this correct?  They also said I would not need an SE High Flow because my bike comes with it.  Is this correct?  They suggested I wait until my bike comes in (2 weeks) and listen to the exhaust because the Screamin Eagle package is a great package and I shouldn't make any changes to it.  What do you think?  I am feeling very nervous about my Dealer because they have not yet seen one of these bikes.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 06:16:41 PM by Kharty »
Crazy Canuck

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2006, 06:22:20 PM »

Canuck, sounds like you've got one of those dealers who when they don't know the answer to a question, they just make something up.
It really sounds like he just wants to sell you all HD stuff. Some dealers are very anti-aftermarket.  If he ( your dealer ) thinks the Rineharts are for carb bikes, print up a few copies from the dyno thread and show him all the 100hp, 100tq bikes that are FI w/rineharts.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2006, 08:57:33 PM »

I have just come from my local HD Dealer and was inquiring about what exhaust I should put on my new FLHTCUSE and [highlight]they informed me that I would not be able to put the Rinehart True Duals on my bike because they were made for carburated engines and mine is EFI[/highlight].  They suggested slip-on's.  Is this correct?  [highlight]They also said I would not need an SE High Flow because my bike comes with it[/highlight].  Is this correct?  They suggested I wait until my bike comes in (2 weeks) and listen to the exhaust because the Screamin Eagle package is a great package and I shouldn't make any changes to it.  What do you think?  I am feeling very nervous about my Dealer because they have not yet seen one of these bikes.
Canuck,

So far your dealer is 0 for 2.  #1 - there is no such thing as an exhaust made specifically for either a carb or an EFI bike.   #2 - the air cleaner on the SE Electraglides is the stock plastic air-box, with a few extra holes to let a little more air in, and with the stock TC88 paper filter element.  Very restrictive, and in my experience it also produces an irritating droning noise when accelerating.

Everyone has their own opinion on modifications, here's mine:  Ride the bike for at least a few weeks totally stock so you can get acclimated to the bike and form a baseline opinion of the power, driveability, and sound.  Then, if you feel the need, do the air cleaner, pipes, and download.  Many folks will be totally satisfied with just those changes.  If you find that you still crave more power, then refer back to this site for suggestions on dyno tuning, cams, head work, etc.  I personally try not to do anything internally while the bike is in warranty; so far the 103 with low restriction mufflers and air filter produces enough power to make me happy.  The only change I'm contemplating right now is a better sounding muffler than the Screamin' Eagle mufflers I'm currently using.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member
  • "True North strong and free"

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2006, 09:17:06 PM »

Thanks Jerry,
I appreciate the advise.  I will wait a couple of weeks but I think I will take my bike to Reno, NV and have Freedom put on their exhaust, Power Commander, and high flow.  From the post's I have read, this seems to be the choice of many in this community.  I am not completely sure my Dealer nows this bike or how to look after it.  

Kerry
Crazy Canuck

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2006, 11:39:01 PM »

Thanks Jerry,
I appreciate the advise.  I will wait a couple of weeks but I think I will take my bike to Reno, NV and have Freedom put on their exhaust, Power Commander, and high flow.  From the post's I have read, this seems to be the choice of many in this community.  I am not completely sure my Dealer nows this bike or how to look after it.  

Kerry

I have mine with V&H true duals, SE PRO mufflers, SERT, SE Air Cleaner & SE 6-speed..and is awesome!!!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2006, 11:46:04 PM »

Back when I purchased my SE air cleaner, I asked the same question of 3 different parts managers at various dealerships.  They all indicated that as best they could tell they were the exact same parts.  One actually had both part numbers in stock and offered to pull them out for us to compare.  Visually, they are identical except one had a "For Racing Use Only" sticker on it and the other didn't.  Since they are both priced the same, I can't figure what would cause H-D to carry them under different part numbers.  BTW - I suggest that you check to see if they have stopped using the paper element and gone back to the real K&N oiled filter.  If not, I would suggest going to the Ness Big Sucker with the genuine K&N element.

Jerry
Parts Manager from Motor City HD states this:

"And the air cleaner kits, long story short the 2 are EXACTLY the same.  When you do a kit break down of 29773-02b, it gives you a kit number 29440-99c. The instruction sheets are a little different. It has to do with injection changing from magnetti marelli to Delphi. I can give you the long story if you call me. I'm sorry the other dealer couldn't explain it to you or know that they are exactly the same.  I've been doing this for 10 years."

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2006, 07:38:09 AM »

......................................  [highlight]I am not completely sure my Dealer nows this bike or how to look after it.  [/highlight]
Kerry
Kerry,

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger on that.  It seems like every time I'm in a dealership I overhear some sales person or service person telling a customer something that I know is 100% wrong.  There are many excellent people in this business, but unfortunately all it takes is a few of the other kind to make you distrust dealerships in general.  The best advice I can give anyone is to buy the manuals for your bike and study them.  At least then you will probably know more about the bike than many of the dealership people, especially with a low volume bike like a CVO.

Congratulations on the new ride - I'm sure you'll love it.

Jerry

cigarmike

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2006, 01:04:39 PM »

I was just told by the parts guy that you can only cut the anteenas , most guys do it, that the shorter aftermarkets are no good, and the under the fairing kit does not work for the CB,....anyone have the links to order the freedom anteenas ??? O ris there a better option I should be looking at??,
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:17:39 PM by cigarmike »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2006, 01:29:42 PM »

I was just told by the parts guy that you can only cut the anteenas , most guys do it, that the shorter aftermarkets are no good, and the under the fairing kit does not work for the CB,....anyone have the links to order the freedom anteenas ??? O ris there a better option I should be looking at??,
mike,

Try this link:  http://www.dynasite.net/dynaweb/1000441/explore.cfm?p=N&store=Y&U=1&SS=1&S=1000441
Scroll down the page until you come to Harley Accessories, Antenna Kits.

I have the Freedom shorty on my SEEG (no cb) and it works great.

Jerry

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.