Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Centerstand / Crome Display Stands  (Read 9777 times)

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
Re: Centerstand / Crome Display Stands
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2005, 11:24:53 AM »

Mobe, what was the part number of the stand your purchased?

Was it the HD001 or the HD001S?

The pictures you took were great they really so you much more than the one from Rivco. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2005, 11:43:02 AM »

05Rider;  Our bikes, (cvo touring bikes), take the HD001S, (S for short).
MObe

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2005, 08:45:12 PM »

UPDATE

DW6019;  Got my scoot back from the shop with the new tire on back today. My old tire was less than 2/32nds. The new tire is over 11/32nds. That is about 1/4 inch difference.
The bike is much easier to put up on the centerstand now. I thought about what you said about being able to put it up on the stand w/o bag crash guards, so I experimented around a bit. I found that with a little practice I can indeed put the bike on the centerstand by holding the left handlbar grip and the sissy bar. This is WITHOUT the 1 x 6 under the rear tire.
 I again slid my 1 x 6 under the rear tire, and with that under there it was really easy.
 I am going to help a friend of mine this next week with an '04 seeg put the progressive 440 12.5 inch rear shocks on. I think I will test fit them on my bike and see how easy the centerstand is to use then. I'm predicting it will be real easy.
MObe

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2005, 11:38:51 PM »

I had a chance to put the 12.5" progressive 440's on the green machine. This is a great combination with the Rivco centerstand. With the 0.5" longer shocks, putting the bike up on the centerstand is a breeze. When the bike is up on the centerstand the tire sits about 3/8ths of an inch off of the ground. The difference in putting the bike on the stand now vs with the 12 inch standard shocks is, well, shocking!
MObe

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2005, 01:57:35 AM »

How would it go up without rear guards to lift by?

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2005, 01:25:46 AM »

Twolane; If you've got the 12.5 inch progressives, (and I know you do), you can just grab hold of the passenger backrest upright and left handgrip and it will pop right up on the centerstand. If you want to try mine to see how it works just give me a call.  [smiley=shocked2.gif]
MObe

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2005, 02:18:36 AM »

12.5 Progressives, centerstand and the list goes on..........................................I don't even have the bike yet. Thanks for the great info guys.  I guess my credit cards aren't going to be paid off for very long!

Yellowsed

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2005, 02:28:08 AM »

Oh by the way, my buddy never did get his progressive 12.5' 440's back. One ride down the street and no way am I taking those off!
 Another set of 440's is on the way for his bike! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
MObe

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2005, 03:56:02 AM »

Oh by the way, my buddy never did get his progressive 12.5' 440's back. One ride down the street and no way am I taking those off!

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2005, 01:41:51 PM »

Thanks for all the info I have received from everybody and the centerstand.  I ordered my center stand from Rivco on the 22nd of Feburary.  They told me that I would receive the centerstand in five business days.  It would be nice if it arrives this Saturday other wise it should be here on Monday.  I will put it on next weekend.  They also included an oil filter wrench for free.  Looking forward to putting on the stand and see how well it works.  Rivco stated that if I had any problems just give them a call.  Rivco have been great to work with!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2005, 11:22:20 AM »

I recently installed the new version of the center stand from Rivco, the HD001A, which is adjustable.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2005, 01:49:08 PM »

I just changed to the adjustable version. After reading this post, I put the stock shocks back on, put in 35 psi, adjusted the feet all the way in and gave it a try. My bike is VERY easy to get up on the stand. I sold my "short" non adjustable stand to my buddy who has a standard height flht. It is incredibly easy to get his bike up on the centerstand. When his bike is on the "short" centerstand the rear wheel just touches the ground. On my bike with the new adjustable centerstand my rear whel sits about 1/2 inch off of the ground.
  One of the things I noticed when I sold one of my friends FLHTCSE, was that the guy I sold it to had a difficult time getting the bike on the centerstand. I was able to demonstrate to him that technique makes a big difference as I was easily able to put the same bike on the centerstand wearing flip flops. I think that most people at first do not appreciate the fact that you really have to stand on the lever arm when using the centerstand, and you have to learn to make sure both feet of the stand are contacting the ground before trying to lever the bike onto the stand. It takes a while to learn to trust the centerstand to balance the bike while you are putting it up on the stand. I can now put my friends flht on the centerstand barefooted!, (not that you should ever try such a stupid stunt). ::)
MObe

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2005, 02:04:09 PM »

mobe,

You're probably right, I'll need to play around with my technique a little to make it easier to get the bike up on the stand.  I don't remember having any problem at all with the bikes I owned in the 60's, 70's, and 80's that had factory center stands, but there again none of them were lowered either.  BTW, with your adjustable stand at the lowest setting, do you also see the foot bar touching the floor?  I know your picture of the 'S' version showed plenty of air under the bar.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2005, 03:50:35 PM »

Mike,
Did you swap shocks just for purposes of comparison or have an issue with the Progressives?

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2005, 04:10:41 PM »

GRC; at the lowest setting it's close but it just clears the floor.
Twolane; I just tried it for comparisons sake initially, but unbelievably, it doesn't seem to ride much differently, with the exception that when it does bottom out there seems to be more cushion than the 440's, which can bottom out rather harshly. It feels like the snubber in the stock shocks is thicker. I don't know if I've just gotten used to the ride over the last 20000 or so miles, or what? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
MObe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 24 queries.