Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Opinions needed, go here A BETTER PICTURE!  (Read 3278 times)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
Opinions needed, go here A BETTER PICTURE!
« on: March 19, 2009, 06:19:35 PM »

http://www.rccomponents.com/harleyproducts/harbrakerotors.aspx
I'm looking at rotors for ole yell'er. I'm liking the "Czar Eclipse" with the FANG wheel. Regadless, I want something with black in it. Would you guys take a minute to look at these rotors and give me your opinion.
   Thanks,
   Gary
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:22:11 AM by harris48cars »

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Opinions needed, go here
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »

Which bike?  The Czar Eclipe rotors say that they are for softails.  Also, can you provide a link to the wheel as well so people can picture what they would look like together?
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:39:30 PM »

Gary, 

Here's a pic of the "Fang" Wheel. It does look like the Czar Eclipse is the closest match...  It would help if you posted a pic of your bike...  I had to look it up.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:46:39 PM by GregKhougaz »

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:47:08 PM »

I'd agree that they would look good together
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 07:25:29 PM »

Sorry, This would be on the SE Fat Bob.
   Gary

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 07:27:26 PM »

Here is my bike http://garysbikes.wordpress.com/
 Gary

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »

I love the look of my FXDFSE.....BUT, the only think I am looking to change is the rotors as they cover up a bit too much of this awesome wheel......the CZAR look good but it does say they are for a Softail(?).  I sent a question to RC but they have not responded yet.

It is not so much the size of the rotor on the CVO Fat but they are not porous enough to see the gloss black powder coat.  Take that MoCo!

Once the weather turns here in NH, I will post pics. I have chrome capped every engine bolt, "skulled" the timer, derby, and heavy breather cap. I also hand painted very none chrome bolt with a diamond black paint......talk about details making the difference......something HD should consider before they let the CVO make it's appearance........the others are catching up in looks even though they ain't no Harley :)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 09:13:04 PM »

Hurry up! I want to see what you did. In the mean time I spoke to RC and the rotor is available. It is the correct 11.80 by .020 size. The local HD dealer actually has this rotor, Czar, on display and he has a blue/grey SEFB. Took the rotor over to the bike and held it next to the wheel. Lots of people there and everyone thought it was a big improvement. HD wants $335 but the local Honda dealer will let me have them for $275 ea.. It's a done deal in my book but I need another week before I get them. I'll put the pics up when it happens. I might think about the Epic eclipse rotor also here http://www.rccomponents.com/harleyproducts/harbrakerotors.aspx  Any further opinions? BTW had a great day riding and two compliments, one of them gushing.
   Gary

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 10:20:33 AM »

Rickter

Re: Opinions needed, go here A BETTER PICTURE!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 10:18:39 PM »

Yea, I thinkg they will look great!!!!  I didn't realize how much the stock SE rotors cover up!  I have the black FXDFSE.  Your advise on the bolts and rotors sounds good. I'm lookin' at the Cobra exhaust, slash downs, to get rid of the cat.  The cat on the FXDFSE get red hot and melts boots even on the heat shield. I would hate to see what happens if is saw any skin.  This pic is not mine but exactly the same.   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 10:57:19 PM »

http://www.rccomponents.com/harleyproducts/harbrakerotors.aspx
I'm looking at rotors for ole yell'er. I'm liking the "Czar Eclipse" with the FANG wheel. Regadless, I want something with black in it. Would you guys take a minute to look at these rotors and give me your opinion.
   Thanks,
   Gary
Yep......those will look great with that wheel.  As a matter of fact, all of the 'eclipse' blacked-out rotors will go with your wheel.  But, the Czar looks like a good choice.  Let us know (with pics) when you do it.  :) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »

I've been prograstinating but finally pulled the trigger on the Czar rotors from RC Componets. Dealer called today to say they were in. Will be installed next week. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them on.
 Gary

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 10:56:43 PM »

I've been prograstinating but finally pulled the trigger on the Czar rotors from RC Componets. Dealer called today to say they were in. Will be installed next week. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them on.
 Gary
Good deal, Gary.  Can't wait to see the pics and hear what you think of them.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.