Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: 2017 "Real World" pics CVO SG????  (Read 36445 times)

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
Re: 2017 "Real World" pics CVO SG????
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2016, 06:16:14 PM »

Jesus Christ,exactly why I never come on this site. A guy could go out and put a JIMS 135" in his bike and some asswipe would bitch that he might get chitty gas mpg with the new motor.

Well said that man!!

Seems to many people bitch about how they hate every model year wether it's the colour , graphics etc, there's been 16 colour choices since 2012, ( no flhxse in 2014) and 1 Rushmore upgrade and now the new engine and suspension but some still find something not to like..... Until maybe they have sufficient funds then strangely the bike is perfect without fault ..... Funny that! 
Ride free brothers!

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »

I agree about the paint deal, they should have put at least a stripe or something on top of the bags when flopping the colors around. Like they did on top of rear fender. I think it would be a lot less visually confusing that way.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2016, 06:34:13 PM »

Jesus Christ,exactly why I never come on this site. A guy could go out and put a JIMS 135" in his bike and some asswipe would bitch that he might get chitty gas mpg with the new motor.

Never? :confused5:

Guys should feel free to express their opinions.  I still don't like the paint scheme on my '12 SEUC as much as the '04 SEEG that I traded for it (and you'll probably be able to find a post or two to that effect on this site).  Even though I managed to find the "sufficient funds" to buy it.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2016, 06:51:19 PM »

After owning my first Harley which was all Black (and a lot of chrome) I have had an affinity to Orange Harley's. In the CVO lineup the following have stirred my "emotional" soul...

2000 - FXR4 Candy Tangerine with Eclipse Graphics
2000 - Screamin' Eagle Road Glide Vivid Black/VR Racing Orange/Arctic White
2004 - Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide Orange Pearl and Jet Black with Silver and Red Pinstriping (Own)
2005 - Screamin' Eagle VRod Two-Tone Electric Orange and Black (even though it doesn't fit me)
2006 - Screamin' Eagle VRod2 Electric Orange and Black
2008 - Screamin' Eagle Springer2 Inferno Orange with Fireburst Flames
2009 - Screamin' Eagle Road Glide3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
2010 - Screamin' Eagle Softail Convertible Inferno Orange with Vivid Black and Silver Braze Graphics
2011 - Screamin' Eagle Street Glide2 Black Diamond / Inferno Orange (however this is bordering in more black vs orange than I like)
2012 - Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic6 Electric Orange & Black Diamond (another one bordering on more black than orange I like however the orange is on top)
2013 - Screamin' Eagle Road Glide Custom2 Atomic Orange and Galaxy Grey with Edge Graphics (not as bright of orange as I like but...)

As you can see I like/prefer the more vivid/bright/brilliant orange (& black) Harley's (IMO they remind me more of the B&S which to me just speaks "H-D"). I think a lot of purchasing a motorcycle is passion versus form/function (new features/suspension/power/etc) at least to me it is.... If I don't get that "I have to have it" feeling most times I can leave a new bike at the dealership.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2016, 07:12:07 PM »

Yep totally agree with you fired00d

That's 11 bikes with colour schemes you ve loved over the years and I'm the same as are many others , a Harley has to " speak to you" to part with your cash , however I bet you never dissed 11 other Harley colour schemes you may have hated, I' m  sure you were a gentleman and kept those opinions to yourself.
We're all entitled to our opinions  of course we are, it's just the same opinions all to often that tires me!.
Ride free brothers!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »

That's 11 bikes with colour schemes you ve loved over the years and I'm the same as are many others , a Harley has to " speak to you" to part with your cash , however I bet you never dissed 11 other Harley colour schemes you may have hated, I' m  sure you were a gentleman and kept those opinions to yourself.
We're all entitled to our opinions  of course we are, it's just the same opinions all to often that tires me!.
True... even though there hasn't been enough to move "my soul" into purchasing there has been something to "appreciate" about the innovations/improvements (that's what keeps my "list" of upgrades/improvements not fulfilled, and why I just keep improving what I have :D).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

GSPLewie

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Big Red
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2016, 09:31:02 PM »

The same opinion you're flaming me for is identical to yours being for the colors. I have the funds for a new bike, could have already traded on a 2016 and now 2017. But, why? Why trade for a bike that just doesn't do it for you? I love everything HD is doing with their bikes, I really do. But, I'm just not happy with their paint ideas lately and I've talked to numerous people who agree.

Again, I guess that's the wrong thing to talk about on this forum. Saying that HD didn't quite hit a home run with their paint scheme. Unreal if that's the case.

GSPLewie

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Big Red
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2016, 09:33:59 PM »

Well said that man!!

Seems to many people bitch about how they hate every model year wether it's the colour , graphics etc, there's been 16 colour choices since 2012, ( no flhxse in 2014) and 1 Rushmore upgrade and now the new engine and suspension but some still find something not to like..... Until maybe they have sufficient funds then strangely the bike is perfect without fault ..... Funny that!

How you can say sufficient funds when we all have CVO's on here is just laughable. You like the paint and state it, I don't like the paint and state it. Yet, I'm wrong.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2016, 09:35:05 PM »

The same opinion you're flaming me for is identical to yours being for the colors. I have the funds for a new bike, could have already traded on a 2016 and now 2017. But, why? Why trade for a bike that just doesn't do it for you? I love everything HD is doing with their bikes, I really do. But, I'm just not happy with their paint ideas lately and I've talked to numerous people who agree.

Again, I guess that's the wrong thing to talk about on this forum. Saying that HD didn't quite hit a home run with their paint scheme. Unreal if that's the case.
Don't worry about that. I made sure I let the HD reps that visited us in MV last year know about it too. Lot's of us have been bitching about the lack of creativity on the bikes the last few years. 14 and 15 Limiteds with the same paint just different colors. 11, 15 and 16 FLTRUSE with damn near the same paint scheme AND colors not to mention the Black SEEG that has surfaced in 12 and 15 that are so close you have to look at the VIN to tell what year it is...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:37:14 PM by OBB »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2016, 09:42:41 PM »

Yup you know it !,

My dealers got a cracking deal on my part ex of my hard candy mercury flhxse against his used 2012 ruby flhxse, ... just so i can be in your club!!!   :huepfenjump3:
only busting your balls buddy!!
Seriously though i was going to wait till next year but i want to avoid next years "Anniversary year bikes", with the silly wing badge motifs and the gastly colour combo's the've done in previous years, also i don't think much will change to next years tourers i think all the attention will be on the softails and dyna's getting 107 engines etc,
2019 model year i think harley will drop in a better mark 2 version of the sat nav, with better graphics,faster etc to rival Indians new infotainment system.

I mean how can anyone not love this years bikes, i think all this years colour combos are good! :2vrolijk_21:

If I had to pick one this year that Cobalt Blue is nice. My issue with it is there is too much of the Indigo blue. I would have liked to see more of the Cobalt being the primary color with a touch of Indigo. Just don't care for the layout. Nice scooter though. Again, I stated earlier looks are subjective to each individual and there is no right or wrong here. Your opinion, my opinion, their opinion, all just that, opinion.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2016, 04:20:33 AM »

How you can say sufficient funds when we all have CVO's on here is just laughable. You like the paint and state it, I don't like the paint and state it. Yet, I'm wrong.

There's no right or wrong just indifference , my point is make your opinion and then move on! Don't keep harping on about it,
The difference in what I said to you is worlds apart , if I or anyone likes a bike colour or spec and states it then that offends no one,  but go on this forum and consistently say you don't like something persistently is only going to make enemies, that's not why I joined ...don't know about you.

And yes we all have cvo's but some change them more often than others ! if there fortunate enough , just like some compare who has the highest mileage on there bike as if it's some contest or something , I don't see it like that as long as you enjoy every mile you put on your bike who cares the number,  I just doubt the honesty of some comments is it they really don't like every model year or is it funds? ....if your waiting for the perfect Harley in the perfect colour with the right engine colour and features well it just isn't gonna happen !
Suppose it comes down to a simple choice " Either you get busy living , or get busy dying".

Ride free brothers!

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2016, 12:35:34 PM »

Well, just laid my eyeballs on an orange and black 2017.  Even out in the sun it is definitely a copper toned orange.  Pretty bike in a subdued way, but I wish the Laguna orange would have been used instead.  Just my .02. Guess I need to see the black and gray bike before deciding which, if any, to put in the garage. 

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2016, 03:26:58 AM »

Hmm interesting you say that , I'm undecided on colours too , anyone seen the blue one outside , if so does it have a purple hue to it ?
We're not as fortunate in UK as dealers only get CVO's in on secured deposits ,so you have to order "blind" so to speak and hope you've chosen the right colour .. Rotten really!
Ride free brothers!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:42 AM »

I like the new engine color....it's like really more of a dark grey.  That being said....I've always loved chromed out motors.  For close to $40K sticker, you should be able to get the blacked motor or chrome with any color combo.  That's just my opinion.....

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2016, 09:25:00 AM »

just like some compare who has the highest mileage on there bike as if it's some contest or something , I don't see it like that as long as you enjoy every mile you put on your bike who cares the number,

Ah the douchebag mileage braggin' club...  :coolblue:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.