Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: White Stickers on Front Forks  (Read 5691 times)

Fxr4Rider

• More to come
  • Full CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, it's the journey.
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 Yellow
    • CVO2: 2012 Flhxse3- Build Date 01/12
    • CVO3: 1985 FLT (SOLD)
Re: White Stickers on Front Forks
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2012, 11:35:32 PM »

I figure a good sharp flat screwdriver and scrape the little suckers right off!  All else fails, put it up on the lift an remove the wheel and fender!

:dozey: :alcohol: :beatdeadhorse:
Fullsac w/ 2" cores
Zumo 665
LED Spots with Led Trim Rings
HID Headlight
Red LED under glow street kit
Kury Curved Lic plate
Ultimate seat with backrest
FUN AS HELL TO RIDE!!
King Matched Tour Pak
Ultimate Seat
LRS Windscreen
More Chrome
Andrews 54's
.30 head gaskets
Chubby's and Heated Grips!

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 10:06:03 PM »

After returning home from a ride to the Fayre at Walton on the Hill in Surrey, I was cleaning the bugs off the chrome and well I had to didnt I.
I looked and I have the white stickers too.   :jalapeno: :jalapeno:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »

i never noticed, so I wont even look..    so there! :P 

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 11:54:03 PM »

After returning home from a ride to the Fayre at Walton on the Hill in Surrey, I was cleaning the bugs off the chrome and well I had to didnt I.
I looked and I have the white stickers too.   :jalapeno: :jalapeno:

Just had to look...Didn't ya  :P. I couldn't be happier that you found them too, cause now you're part of the sticker family  :lolk: :beerchug:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

• CVO1: 2012 CVO RGC "Dirty Skunk"
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 12:06:39 AM »

You know here I was watching the Lakers game, minding my own business and then I come across this thread. And wouldn't you know it my RG has the same stickers too, one on each side. I don't see how they're coming off without damaging my paint......... :soapbox:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 09:16:01 AM »

I believe you will find those decals on all the forks going back for many many years, and I will also guess they are installed by the folks at Showa who actually make those forks for H-D, to identify the different versions.  Mine appear to be more of a silver color btw, not white, and it takes a concerted effort to even see them.  Not exactly a big deal, and definitely not something I'd ever consider wasting time to try to remove.  But if someone is really that anal, I'd suggest removing the wheel and fender to do it right, rather than trying to scrape them out of there with some sharp object.  What would you rather have, a barely visible decal, or a bunch of scratches?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 10:06:21 AM »

I believe you will find those decals on all the forks going back for many many years, and I will also guess they are installed by the folks at Showa who actually make those forks for H-D, to identify the different versions.  Mine appear to be more of a silver color btw, not white, and it takes a concerted effort to even see them.  Not exactly a big deal, and definitely not something I'd ever consider wasting time to try to remove.  But if someone is really that anal, I'd suggest removing the wheel and fender to do it right, rather than trying to scrape them out of there with some sharp object.  What would you rather have, a barely visible decal, or a bunch of scratches?

Jerry

Unfortunately, I am that anal where as soon as I saw them I had to get them off.   :)  I was able to get them off in about 15 minutes without removing the wheel or fender and without scratches.  I am now stickerless!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »

Okay.  So there I was on this pretty Sunday morning. I was reading this thread and I had to check out those stickers.  Let me first say that I can be very anal about my bike.  I do and have done some pretty silly things that did make me happy and not many others would or could understand.  I did see the "small white" stickers on the forks.  I never noticed them before nor will even attempt or think out trying to remove them. Why on earth worth those bother anyone?  Look what you have to do to go find them.  This one was really funny to me.   My next thing I might be thinking about is upgrading my speakers and amp. I notice that while riding.  :nixweiss:

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »

Okay.  So there I was on this pretty Sunday morning. I was reading this thread and I had to check out those stickers.  Let me first say that I can be very anal about my bike.  I do and have done some prett silly things that did make me happy and not many others would or could understand.  I did see the "small white" stickers on the forks.  I never noticed them before nor will even attempt or think out trying to remove them. Why on earth worth those bother anyone?  Look what you have to do to go find them.  This one was really funny to me.   My next thing I might be thinking about is upgrading my speakers and amp. I notice that while riding.  :nixweiss:

I never said it made any sense...lol

I really was able to get them off without much trouble which is the only reason I did it.  I never would have tried to removed them if I would have had to take the wheel off or go through a big hassle to do it.  I have done dumber things in the past and I am sure I will probably do a dumber thing or two again in the future!!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »

Me too.  :)

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2012, 12:03:49 PM »

I never said it made any sense...lol

I really was able to get them off without much trouble which is the only reason I did it.  I never would have tried to removed them if I would have had to take the wheel off or go through a big hassle to do it.  I have done dumber things in the past and I am sure I will probably do a dumber thing or two again in the future!!

Ok so what was the trick?  ;D

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2012, 12:37:12 PM »

Ok so what was the trick?  ;D

I just scraped them off with the edge of an old credit card.  Once you get one entire side started I just worked at it gradually.  Once I was able to get about half of the sticker up it peeled right off in one piece.  Don't just lift up one corner and try to peel them off diagonally because that may rip them which will make the job harder.

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2012, 12:44:48 PM »

I just scraped them off with the edge of an old credit card.  Once you get one entire side started I just worked at it gradually.  Once I was able to get about half of the sticker up it peeled right off in one piece.  Don't just lift up one corner and try to peel them off diagonally because that may rip them which will make the job harder.

Gotcha thanks. I just got caught in some rain, might be easier now while the bike is wet, lol.......

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2012, 06:08:15 PM »

So do the stickers, once off, get put in the back of the Owners Manual?
Thats where I put the ones cleverly stuck to the engine saying that they must only be removed by the owner. The ones that say only use Synthetic Oil. What do other folks do with their stickers.

Oh and by the way, this thread has to go down as totally pointless.... LOL  :jalapeno:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2012, 07:33:11 PM »

Absolutely!  :nervous:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.