Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: '08 SE Parts Compatibility  (Read 3249 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
'08 SE Parts Compatibility
« on: September 01, 2007, 07:50:14 AM »

This is a good one. The '08 SE Catalog offers many Stage II kits. 113", 110" 103". They now even offer a 58 mm TB for '08. All kits "require ECM calibration (sold separately)", as we all know. Yet they offer no ECM calibrations yet. How can they sell these performance parts and not have ECM mods available? And dealers are installing these things, or even just mufflers and open A/C, without any ECM mods. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: '08 SE Parts Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 07:58:24 AM »

The SERT is out so you can adjust it, theres just no precanned maps to down load.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 08:16:07 AM »

The SERT is out so you can adjust it, theres just no precanned maps to down load.

I thought the SERT wasn't released yet? Dealers here don't have them yet.

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 09:09:13 AM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 11:04:09 AM »

Howie...I was looking at the "new" stuff on line, and it seems that the "kits" they sell for these bigger builds are only available as "street legal" packages.  One kit even said that it is 49 states street legal, and there is another kit for California, but if one was used in the other place, it would void the manufacturers warranty.

I suspect that they do offer ECM flashes for these "kits" that are much like the 06 and prior years, only these flashes are EPA compliant, street legal calibrations, and not "racing only" as they used to be. 

But, one cannot go in and purchase a download by itself.  The old flashes were all "racing only", if I'm not mistaken.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »

This is a good one. The '08 SE Catalog offers many Stage II kits. 113", 110" 103". They now even offer a 58 mm TB for '08. All kits "require ECM calibration (sold separately)", as we all know. Yet they offer no ECM calibrations yet. How can they sell these performance parts and not have ECM mods available? And dealers are installing these things, or even just mufflers and open A/C, without any ECM mods. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me! ;)

Hoist! 8)
I've been looking online for these, but haven't been able to find it. MoCo site is still showing 2007 edition available for download. Are these available at dealers now, or are you talking about the SE section in the P&A catalog?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 12:09:11 PM »

I've been looking online for these, but haven't been able to find it. MoCo site is still showing 2007 edition available for download. Are these available at dealers now, or are you talking about the SE section in the P&A catalog?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

This is all in the '08 SE Catalog. They show the Race Tuner as Rev. H. But I thought you can't get one yet. But the mods are still moving forward. There are no download flashes for '07 or '08. And I wouldn't run my bike stock, without ECM mods, let alone with one of these Hi-Per kits installed. These are Stage II kits and are not Street Legal Kits. How can they offer them without an available ECM Mod. You void your w.....ty by using their SE parts. And you're taking major risks of failure if you use them without ECM Mods. Not very well thought out IMO! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 07:36:54 PM »

This is all in the '08 SE Catalog. They show the Race Tuner as Rev. H. But I thought you can't get one yet. But the mods are still moving forward. There are no download flashes for '07 or '08. And I wouldn't run my bike stock, without ECM mods, let alone with one of these Hi-Per kits installed. These are Stage II kits and are not Street Legal Kits. How can they offer them without an available ECM Mod. You void your w.....ty by using their SE parts. And you're taking major risks of failure if you use them without ECM Mods. Not very well thought out IMO! ;)

Hoist! 8)
:oops: I'm sorry I probably didn't make myself clear, I'm looking for the "SE 2008 Catalog" not those parts. I haven't been to my dealer in a couple weeks, and the last time I was there they didn't have them. The catalog also isn't available online to download they still have the '07 one there.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 10:08:33 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

dOOd

I knew exactly what you meant.
I have two.
Meet us at Hot Springs and you can have my second one! ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 11:19:26 PM »

dOOd

I knew exactly what you meant.
I have two.
Meet us at Hot Springs and you can have my second one! ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Would be nice if that could happen. I'd love seeing everybody, but don't think that's going to work out that way. Besides I'd go past a lot of dealers on the way there just to be coming to get a SE Parts Catalog. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 01:27:21 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Hoist, I have a question or two.

I think some time back you listed that the TB on an '07 110" at either 46mm or 48mm.  I think I saw someplace that the '08 110" now comes with a 50mm or maybe it was a 52mm, but either way it was increased in size from the '07.

Wouldn't this change to a larger bore change the AC backer plate and its bolt pattern?  So an '07 backer plate would not fit an '08?

What size TB did you use in your recent kick butt upgrades?

Also in that "other" HD forum, I posted a question about Stage 1 and Stage 2.  On that forum I see that 32 people have viewed it but I still have zero response.

I've been talking to people about this for years, or better put, I've been listening to them talk to other people about this.  I thought that Stage 1 used to include bigger jets for the carb and maybe some AC upgrade.  But with the advent of the electronic age, just about everything we do nowadays includes some type of electronic gadget that has to be used to get what we need to accomplish done.

So in today's electronic age, what is the a Stage 1 upgrade and what is a Stage 2 upgrade.

By the way, unless I missed it somewhere, weren't you going to put together a more detailed list of things you did on your motor and what the final results were and how you feel about the value etc per gain?

Thanks for all the great information.

:) :) :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 04:02:13 PM »

I think some time back you listed that the TB on an '07 110" at either 46mm or 48mm.  I think I saw someplace that the '08 110" now comes with a 50mm or maybe it was a 52mm, but either way it was increased in size from the '07.

Wouldn't this change to a larger bore change the AC backer plate and its bolt pattern?  So an '07 backer plate would not fit an '08?

Also in that "other" HD forum, I posted a question about Stage 1 and Stage 2.  On that forum I see that 32 people have viewed it but I still have zero response.

I've been talking to people about this for years, or better put, I've been listening to them talk to other people about this.  I thought that Stage 1 used to include bigger jets for the carb and maybe some AC upgrade.  But with the advent of the electronic age, just about everything we do nowadays includes some type of electronic gadget that has to be used to get what we need to accomplish done.

So in today's electronic age, what is the a Stage 1 upgrade and what is a Stage 2 upgrade.

By the way, unless I missed it somewhere, weren't you going to put together a more detailed list of things you did on your motor and what the final results were and how you feel about the value etc per gain?

Dan,

Stage 1 has always meant external engine mods (pipes, high flow A/C, rejetting of carb or ECM calibration), and Stage 2 consists of the same items plus a cam change and increased displacement.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 06:26:21 PM »

Hey Dan, most TB's use the standard HD A/C mounting pattern. The SE A/C should work with any TB that takes a standard HD mounting pattern. I'm using a HPI 62 mm TB. It's too large to use the standard mounting pattern. So it comes with it's own Billet A/C Backplate and Hi-Flow Filter, for use with the Stock SERK 110" Cover. You'll get the whole build report soon enought Dan. Hopefully next week, after I get the Hard Bags back. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 06:43:18 PM »

Hey Dan, most TB's use the standard HD A/C mounting pattern. The SE A/C should work with any TB that takes a standard HD mounting pattern. I'm using a HPI 62 mm TB. It's too large to use the standard mounting pattern. So it comes with it's own Billet A/C Backplate and Hi-Flow Filter, for use with the Stock SERK 110" Cover. You'll get the whole build report soon enought Dan. Hopefully next week, after I get the Hard Bags back. ;)

Hoist! 8)

One that does not use any "standard" mount pattern is the little Zippers 50mm.  With it you're stuck with their mated air cleaner plate.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 06:51:47 PM »

Hey Gary, the P/N for the '08 SE Catalog is 99557-08SE. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 07:10:24 PM »

Hey Gary, the P/N for the '08 SE Catalog is 99557-08SE. ;)

Hoist! 8)
Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 02:38:23 PM »

Talked with my dealer. The SERT delivery time has been pushed back (again) to "maybe mid October" They did not know of any band restrictions on the new SERT that have been mentioned here...but could not be certain. The service manager said Moco has really out done themselves this time. This a small (but great) shop and they have 16 on back order. Everyone else Zippers, PC, etc is still playing catch up.

So I continue to look at Hoist's Cybil and drool.  Anything worth doing is worth doing right and wait for. I'll wait to do engine/intake/exhaust mods as a package. She's lean enough now.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 02:45:49 PM »

Yea, the want to sell you the parts, then tell you that they don't have a $150 flash for it, so you spend $400+ for SERT, and $300 to $450 for the dyno! Sounds like a good plan for the dealers stealers!!!!

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 01:17:43 PM »

Yea, the want to sell you the parts, then tell you that they don't have a $150 flash for it, so you spend $400+ for SERT, and $300 to $450 for the dyno! Sounds like a good plan for the dealers stealers!!!!
In my opinion (worth 2 cents) the Calibrations for the SERT will still be on the conservative side just so MOCO stays out of trouble with EPA.  The Flash was probably equally as conservative and certainly less flexible (can't change it).  I would avoid the Flash and spend the money on a SERT or something comparable.

Most of the Calibrations for the SERT are just a base to start from as they may not match your setup exactly.  They never came out with a Calibration/map for my 2:1 pipes and SE A/C, but Calibration #36 was recommended and used for my 2006.
I am not sure how good the dealers are at performing dynos with the SERT.  I have heard stories that some shops do not have the experience and some have referred customer's to a local tuner.  Here in Phoenix we have a couple to choose from.  When all is said and done you can compare the "stock" Calibration included on the disc of the SERT to what a good tuner comes up with after a dyno and they will be very different.  Your Bike will dictate what settings are needed to achieve a decent AFR and also impact what your tuner sets the various tables to.
Consequently, without the $300+ dyno, you are left with using what MOCO sends (maybe lean).
It was a no brainer for me.  The dealer installed a SERT (no charge) to resolve my cold start problem so the cost of a dyno just allowed me to install the SE A/C and pipes earlier than planned.  The tuner can set you up a little "richer" and thus cooler but your mileage will suffer.  It's all a trade off.
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 21 queries.