Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How does Harley decide where they go ?  (Read 1957 times)

08springer

How does Harley decide where they go ?
« on: November 22, 2007, 01:20:22 PM »

How does the company decide on where the CVO bikes get shipped to? Do they only allow a certain number of each style of bike in each state?

MikeD

Re: How does Harley decide where they go ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 01:38:01 PM »

I was told along time ago that each dealer would get one of each color.  But I dont think thats necessarily true.  For some reason the PA dealers seem to have more of a selection, ic cox's northern tier hd always has a bunch.  Georgia, well they get a rew here and there.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 01:52:19 PM »

I believe the allotment is determined by the dealers gold bar standing, how many bikes total they have sold, and how many CVO's they have sold. More then likely a dealer that has moved more bikes/CVO's will get more to sell.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 03:42:53 PM »

I believe the allotment is determined by the dealers gold bar standing, how many bikes total they have sold, and how many CVO's they have sold. More then likely a dealer that has moved more bikes/CVO's will get more to sell.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

You believe correctly d00d. I had this conversation with the sales manager of San Diego H-D (about the only one down there I'm still speaking to) and your post above is exactly what he stated.

B B

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 09:30:45 AM »

According to a PA Sales Manager:

I can add that they also figure in how many unsold bikes the dealer has had.  In other words, if they got an alotment in of '07s that sat on the floor for a while it will decrease the number of bikes they get this year.  So it's not only how many they sold, but how quick they sold 'em.

Best Regards,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 09:45:42 AM »

these are in agreement with a conversation I had with the SM at Buffalo HD.  They were getting several to sell but couldn't pre order them.  A very small dealer in a small town not too far from me only got one CVO to sell last year and someone from 400 miles away got it.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 08:01:55 PM »

Our local stealer got a new blue/blue serk4 on trade from another out of state stealer that wanted a plain jane street glide. Go figure? It was just what my wife was looking for. Dealer original said they would not get in until Sometime January because they ordered different color first. Sometime things just work out 8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 08:59:11 PM »

Our local stealer got a new blue/blue serk4 on trade from another out of state stealer that wanted a plain jane street glide. Go figure? It was just what my wife was looking for. Dealer original said they would not get in until Sometime January because they ordered different color first. Sometime things just work out 8)

The post above is repeated over and over and over again with Destination Screwbiker being the one ending up with the CVO from the small state dealership. Dealerships in states like Maine with a low per capita income have trouble selling $35,000 Harleys. If you're in the market for a CVO and can't find one in your area, look up a dealer in North Dakota, Maine, Vermont, Idaho and other rural states.

B B

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 09:37:28 PM »

Man, that is one nice lookin SEUC!  Got any more photos of it?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 09:29:06 AM »

:vrolijk_4: Dice roll   :vrolijk_4:

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.