Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Security Light Stays On Bike Run No Speedo or Tach  (Read 727 times)

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
Security Light Stays On Bike Run No Speedo or Tach
« on: June 16, 2012, 11:26:58 AM »

Let me set the stage.  Leaving for Germany in a month.  Spouse and daughter staying behind.  Spouse loves to ride. Load the bike of a BRP weekend jaunt. Maybe her last. Fire the scoot up, security light stays on, tach and speedo are inop.  Try going into diagnostic mode, don't get the speedo swing called out in the procedure and no DIAG mode.  Disconnected battery...no luck.   >:(  I rode the damn thing an hour earlier to get gas without any problems.

Loading up the SSR and taking it.  Has anyone experienced this?

Jim

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
Re: Fixed
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »

15 amp ACCY fuse was blown.  I washed the bike the night before.  I don't have a plug for the 12 volt recepticle in the lower LH part of the fairing.  I may have gotten some water in it.  I rode it in the morning without any problems. Just before we were hitting the road I plugged in the GPS.  GPS came on and bike started. After inputting destination I shut the bike down. Came out 1/2 hour later and I had the problem.  Other than installing the HD rear brakelight module (the one that converts rear tail lights into brake lights) nothing else has been done to this bike electrically.

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.