Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: idle issue  (Read 643 times)

badpig2001

• FLHRSEI.ORG
idle issue
« on: September 18, 2006, 10:09:46 AM »

This weekend I was out on a run, everything seemed fine, until I came to a stop sign and the rpm's were around 600 and was chuggin'.  At the next stop sign the bike actually died. Restarted fine and seem to run well at highway speeds. By the way this is on a 01 SERG, M & M injection.  Is there an ICM on this year bike, or does anyone have any thoughts? Fuel was full. [smiley=soapbox.gif]
Bubs pipes
Ness Big Sucker breather
Sirius Sat.
Infinity speakers
Pioneer amp

1998 FXSTC for sale Email me if interested.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: idle issue
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 03:08:59 PM »

Couple of thoughts come to mind.  Has the bike sat much in it's life?  If so, the injectors may be gummed up and need cleaning/replacing.  Went through this with the wife's 01 SERG.  Check the rubber boots on the intake to cylinder junction.  They can develop leaks which will cause the idle to be all over the place.  Finally, if you want to wake her up some let me recommend a race fueler, ~$100.  We did one on her bike, which now makes my stock 103 look like a turd on the highway.  Her bike is stock, other than the plugs out of the exhaust.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

badpig2001

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: idle issue
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 05:22:24 PM »

dude,
I am the third owner of this bike. I bought it used in May of 06 with 9999 miles on it. since then the bike has 14,000 miles on it. I drive it daily, and take trips on weekends. I will look at the rubber on the intake. Is the race fueler easy to install or does it require a calibration afterwards, because of the bubs/rhinehart exhaust?
Bubs pipes
Ness Big Sucker breather
Sirius Sat.
Infinity speakers
Pioneer amp

1998 FXSTC for sale Email me if interested.

Page created in 0.505 seconds with 21 queries.