Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®

Watermelon Crawl

(1/3) > >>

MObe:
  I was hangin' round the Harley shop in late July, on a day hot enough to make the devil sigh. Took a look around the corner, beat all you ever saw, said hey how bout a ride there on that watermelon Paul?
 Ok it was August, and the sales manager was Chris, but those just don't work into the lyrics.
 Took a ride on a watermelon today.
 The suspension is stock height.
 The ride is electra glide smooth a vast improvement on our stock suspension.
 The sound system is EXCELLENT.
 The seat is EXCELLENT, at least for me it is, I'm 5'9".
 Whoever put THAT backrest on THAT seat was smoking crack. The first change would be to either take it off, which I did, or replace it with the stock electra glide backrest.
 Just like our bikes, most will be set up with the tourpak in the forward position. It will need to be moved back unless you ride solo or hate your wife.
 The wife reports that the ride is much better than mine even with the reworked suspension. A lot like our old RK Classic.
 The stock mufflers are very quiet, no surprise.
 The engine seems very "happy". They must have done some ecm remapping.
 The dark brown color does NOT show a lot of flake in the sun, in that respect it is a lot like the starlight black on the '04s, as you have to look really hard to even tell that it has flake. Where the '04 starlight black looks kind of purple in certain light this will look brown.
 Nice bike.
 I understand that the autumn haze looks "wheat colored". I'll let you all know when I see one in person.

mr_magoo:
Ok now I'm envious.  what was wrong with the back rest?  Well if it rides like the old road king that would be very nice.  Thanks for the report.

MObe:
 It looks like they tried to stick a backrest like ours into a thick ultra seat. What they have succeeded in doing is making the top edge dig right into your back at the worst possible spot.

Fired00d:

--- Quote ---  I was hangin' round the Harley shop in late July, on a day hot enough to make the devil sigh. Took a look around the corner, beat all you ever saw, said hey how bout a ride there on that watermelon Paul?
--- End quote ---

Mobe,
What a lucky man you are, I too am envious. I've been to two dealerships trying just to see one of the new SEUC in person. My primary dealership hasn't taken it out the crate yet, other dealership didn't elaborate but was quick to inform me they were only getting three and they were already sold. I was just interested in looking at bike to see what I would like to add to mines from what is new on these, and listen to the stereo. Oh well I guess I'll have to wait until one of the dealerships have there '06 unveilings and look with all the rest of the "looky lou's"  [smiley=laugh.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe

fxdjerry:

--- Quote --- It looks like they tried to stick a backrest like ours into a thick ultra seat. What they have succeeded in doing is making the top edge dig right into your back at the worst possible spot.
--- End quote ---
Great Report! I wonder if that backrest mount could move back a set of holes? I did move the mount on the 05 and it was actually useable for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version